May11 - Make sure you done

CS LLB Pulkit Gupta (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Life-and-Promises/553962034682487)   (16631 Points)

14 February 2011  

May11 - Make sure u don't spoil your dish !!

Friends although I had decided not to write any more articles till May 11 but this need to be important for those appearing for May 11 attempt. This is not an expert which will advice you how to prepare or what was wrong with your prep. or which books you s'd refer to. For such things you s'd refer articles of Vivek Sir, Surendra Sir &  Ankur Sir .

I am writing this in a very light manner by comparing our CA preparation as if you are cooking/making a dish. All of us knows such things but don't apply them. So this is last warning for such students (including me).

(1)  Make the list of all the ingredients you need

Before you start cooking the food you s’d make sure that you have all the necessary material that you will require in the process.

Pata chala khana banana shuru kar diya aur baad mein yaad aaya ki pyaaz nahin hai ya masala nahin hai toh you will make a mess of things.

Decide the books and notes you will use in your preparations and stick to it. Frequent changes in the reference books may cause a serious damage to your marks. Purchase all the supporting papers/books like RTP, Suggested, Scanners and Compilers in advance only so that you will not have to face the problems of stock-out in the end.

To win a war you s’d have a clear strategy of what you are going to do and s’d be well equipped with the necessary weapons. 

(2)  Cook the food properly otherwise vo kaccha reh jayega

All of us know that we have 6 subjects in PCC/ 7 in IPCC so we s’d equally treat each one of dem. Most of us have the tendency to ignore the theory subjects and take them at last. This can prove to be a disaster like this – Taxation – 59, Cost & Fm -58 & IT SM – 39 Result- Fail .

How can you expect to secure good marks in them without giving dem proper attention?

Yaar ye CA hai B.A. nahi jahan fatte lag jaaye.

Treat them as one of your kid. Chahte apne bade bacche jitna time mat do par kuch toh do. If you r devoting 4-5 hrs for Cost , 3 Hrs for Tax then also allocate 1-2 hrs for IT or Auditing or Law.

(3)  Keep checking the food that is it cooking according to your expectations !!

Khana banana ek long process hai. But you have to check it again and again ki kahin ye jal na jaaye.

Same goes with your preparations too. You s’d perform the audit of your work. See is it going according to your plan. May be you have diverted from your objective. Then only you can correct it.

Arrey Namak jyaada ho gaya hai toh ghee dal lo ya khatta kam hai to nimbo. Ye thode hi hai ki khana throw kar doge. 

So if you are not sure of scoring well in one subject then tries to cover its marks from other subjects of same group. 

Similarly you s’d also have a back-up plan in your mind that you can apply in case of emergency. In my case I got infected from dengue one month before my exams. So to prevent myself from failing in both groups I applied my plan B and cleared 1st grp. It is better to score 150/300 then to fail.  

(4)  A bit of Tadka/Masala is needed to increase the taste of food

To secure good marks in Tax and Law the Tadka of mentioning the section is very necessary. Similarly detailed knowledge of AS in Accounts, SA’s in auditing and proper working notes in Costing are must to secure a rank. If you don’t believe me you can ask toppers like Sneha Sunshine for dat.

RTPs/ Compilers & Practice manuals play a very important role in increasing your grades. Institute module is must for subjects like IT & SM.

(5)  SERVE THE FOOD PROPERLY

Just imagine a cake without cherry, pulao without plums or stuff nan without dry fruits. Bekaar lagegi na!!

In the same way presentation skills plays a very important role in your answer. There is a possibility that you knows more than ur friend but he has scored well coz of presentation skills.

Good Handwriting, proper space b/w 2 points, breaking the answer in points instead of a long para and mention of case are some e.g. of it. 

Some important links that will help you in your PCC/IPCC exams:-

IPCC/PCC All imp files at one place(students must see)

Tips to study in Taxation papers

My Tips -My Tricks- My Rank- Taxation

How to study for success for Auditing and get good marks?

Tips to score exemption in Audit paper

How to be successful in Exams

Tips for scoring in CA examination

AUDITING STUDY GROUP

INFO. TECH STUDY GROUP

TAX STUDY GROUP

LINK TO BHAVESH SIR KI CLASS