Maternity Expenses

Deexitulu (Accounts Manager)     02 February 2011

Deexitulu
Accounts Manager 
 28 points

| My Other Post

Dear All,

I need a small clarification.  One of our employee incurred his wife's maternity expenses during the financial year.  He wants to reimburse that amount.  Is there any tax exemption for reimbursement of maternity expenses? If so, what is the limit ? Please give suggestion with IT sections ? It's very urgent. Please help me.

Regards

Deexitulu.P

avater

U S Sharma (glidor@gmail.com)     05 February 2011

U S Sharma
glidor@gmail.com 
 1739 likes  21021 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Originally posted by : Deexitulu

Dear All,

I need a small clarification.  One of our employee incurred his wife's maternity expenses during the financial year.  He wants to reimburse that amount.  Is there any tax exemption for reimbursement of maternity expenses? If so, what is the limit ? Please give suggestion with IT sections ? It's very urgent. Please help me.

Regards

Deexitulu.P

Where an Indian resident incurs any expenditure for the medical treatment of specified disease or ailment for himself or a dependent relative, he is allowed a deduction of an amount actually incurred subject to maximum of Rs. 40,000/-. If he or any dependent relative is senior citizen, the deduction can go upto Rs. 60,000. The amount of deduction is to be determined after reducing the amount received under medical insurance (Sec. 80DDB).

unfortunately maternity is not covered u/s 11DD for the purpose. hence fully taxable 

1 Like
avater

CA Himanshu Bansal (Risk Manager)     06 February 2011

CA Himanshu Bansal
Risk Manager 
 200 likes  2340 points

Originally posted by : U S Sharma

Originally posted by : Deexitulu

Dear All,

Regards

Deexitulu.P

Where an Indian resident incurs any expenditure for the medical treatment of specified disease or ailment for himself or a dependent relative, he is allowed a deduction of an amount actually incurred subject to maximum of Rs. 40,000/-. If he or any dependent relative is senior citizen, the deduction can go upto Rs. 60,000. The amount of deduction is to be determined after reducing the amount received under medical insurance (Sec. 80DDB).

unfortunately maternity is not covered u/s 11DD for the purpose. hence fully taxable 

Agreed With the reply.

Such reimbursement shall be Taxable.

1 Like
avater

Venkkatesh Kake (Proprietor of AccountsGuy)     10 August 2019

Venkkatesh Kake
Proprietor of AccountsGuy 
 2 points

It is Income Tax Rule 11DD and not Section 11DD.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »