Mahatma Gandhi Goes Shopping

After he had won independence for India, Mahatma Gandhi visited England. He was walking through the streets of London with some other people when his attention was drawn to the shop window of a famous jeweller's. Gandhi stood there studying the precious stones and the exquisitely made jewellery. The owner of the shop recognised him at once and came out into the street to greet him. 'I am greatly honoured by your presence here, looking at our work. We have many objects of immense value, beauty and artistry and we would like to give you something.' 'Yes, I'm amazed by all these marvellous things,' replied Gandhi. 'And I'm even more surprised at myself, for, even knowing that I could receive a valuable present, I nevertheless can manage to live and be respected without the need of jewels.'

Replies (1)

The Greatness of Mahatma Gandi was his simplicity, Thanks for sharing

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details