Ltcl/stcl in listed co. shares

Sir,

Is it compulsary to show long or short term capital losses from share trading in income tax return if one does not want to carry forward losses for future years. Of course till now long term capital loss was dead loss. But from next year it will not be dead loss I can carry forward it. if i am wrong please correct me. I sold some shares in FY 18-19 There is long term capital gain as per old system of calculation and same becomes long term capital loss if I consider cost of acqusition as fair market value as on 31 Jan 18 so now should I show loss or gain in AY (19-20) 's ITR

I will be very much grateful if someone will guide me on above matter.

Thank you

Malhar Deshpande

Replies (2)

LTCL ---if I consider cost of acqusition as fair market value as on 31 Jan 18 so now should I show loss or gain in AY (19-20) 's ITR?

Its neither gaain nor loss!!

In such cases, the COA is lower of sell price or grandfathered value......

 

Did not understand Sir. So I need not to show loss or gain

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
SALES TELECALLER

HIRE NOVA

Lucknow

Graduate (Any)

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Trainee/ CMA Trainee

RMA And Associates LLP

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
07 October 2026
Senior Account Manager

Amplio Invest

Mumbai

M.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details