Long Term capital gains zzzz

Sir with due respect I want to know that I am the owner of commercial building and land which was purchased in the financial year 2018-2019 for Rs 2400000/- now I want to sell the said land and building in the financial year 2022-23 for Rs 3400000/- .Sir on this land and building I have spend a sum of Rs 700000/- Lac on account of renovation to the said building.Sir the said recd.amount will be used in business purposes.Sir I want to know that can I am use this amount for business purposes.Thanks
Replies (4)
Quick Summary
This discussion concerns the sale of a commercial building and land purchased in 2018-19 for £2,400,000 and being sold in 2022-23 for £3,400,000. The owner also invested £700,000 in renovations and wants to know if the sale proceeds can be used for business purposes. Crucially, no depreciation has been claimed on the building, which impacts the capital gains calculation. The advice given is that the funds can be used for business, but potential Long Term Capital Gains (LTCG) tax should be considered.

Whether any depreciation was claimed over the building?

Depreciation claim is an important aspect.
Sir no depreciation has been claimed in any year

Yes, you can utilize the amount for any other purpose, even for business requirement; but check for any LTCG tax liability.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
29 September 2026
Work at home

Lottery.sambad.tv

Bhopal

Others

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details