Long Term Capital Gain on Sale of House

Hi,

I had reached an agreement to sell with a builder for sale of my floor in a residential house Dec 2009.  The said floor was gifted to me by my parents.  They constructed the house in 1973.

The possession of the property was given to the builder in April 2010 and the balance money received.  Around the same time I reached an agreement with the same builder to purchase a floor apartment from him and the entire money received by me was passed onto him (over Rs 50 lacs).

I wish to know the following:-

What is the last date by which I have to receive possession of my new house (is it within 3 years of April 2010 or with 3 years of filing this IT return)

Do I have to reflect these two  transactions in this years IT return under Long Term Capital Gains.

Do I have to file ITR2.  I am a housewife and have no other source of income other than a few FDs.

An early reply will be appreciated as the time to file the IT return it at hand.

Replies (2)
3 yrs wil start 4m april10 n trans ve 2 b reported in dis yr only..
3 yrs wil start 4m april10 n trans ve 2 b reported in dis yr only..

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details