Long term capital gain

Dear All, My question is I am going to sell my property with long term capital gain, I want to know incase I invest/spend that amount on my sister's higher education, may I get deduction?

Replies (7)

No such releif for the above Expenditure available.

Dear Rajesh,

Your expenditures on sister's education will not give you any exemptions,to claim exemptions you must invest as per section 54 0f income tax act 1961.

 

Thank You

You cannot avail exemption by spending on sister's education.
It has to be used to buy another house witjin 2 years or construct within 3 yrs or invest in approved capital gains scheme

I will provide you the tax planing and advise you on how to proceed on this provided you share the complete facts as follows, feel free to call on contact number shared via personal message.

Amount to be spent on sister's education
> Tell me which institution she is joining and the amount of tution fee out of total fee.


Amount of Property sold

Amount of Capital gain

 

 


CA Mayank Wadhera
 

No you can't. if you purchase a new house you can get deduction u/s 54

Thanks to all dear friends. I admire the responses of all

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details