ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Location of Form 10-IE

Ramachandran S (Chartered Accountant) (604 Points)

08 September 2021  

Just now location of Form 10-IE has been shifted from "Persons not dependent on any source of income" to "Persons with business/professional income'. This indicates that Form 10-IE is nor relevant for ITR-1 and 2 as per System though this is relevant as per law. System supersedes law!

7 Replies

Dhirajlal Rambhia (SEO Sai Gr. Hosp.) (108136 Points)
Replied 08 September 2021

No. Its not to be interpreted that way.

Government had long back announce that for ITR 1 & 2, assessee has to choose the option in ITR itself. (because they have option to choose either of the regime for each year).

While for assesses having PGBP income the option is once in life time; and hence they have to file form 10IE only twice, one while opting in and secondly while opting out.

@ Dhirajlal Does the Income-tax Act say that Form 10-IE need not be filed for those who do not have business/professional income?

Question is how?

Selecting YES or NO option in ITR 1 & 2 is kind of filling the form in itself....

These assesses are filing or following the law in that manner, and the same has been as per announcement of ITD.

Refer:: https://taxconcept.net/income-tax/important-updates-for-individual-and-huf-no-need-to-file-form-10-ie-in-case-itr-1-or-itr-2-of-itr/

@ Dhirajlal Kindly provide the link directly from CBDT website or incometax.gov.in.

Replied 09 September 2021

I don't doubt the authenticity of the link. If you have any doubt about it, you may clarify by yourself.

@ Dhirajlal I am unable to locate the link in the official website of IT dept. That's why I made this request. If not possible, o.k.

@ Dhirajlal I am unable to locate the link in the official website of IT dept. That's why I made this request. If not possible, o.k.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags