Lift License

Hello
I purchased a flat last year in South Delhi, this building is in collaboration of land owner and builder. I purchased the flat from builder. Recently I got to know that the building's lift license is yet not generated. I asked the builder and lift company they said that the land owner is not giving his documents of lift license. The land owner is having 2 flats in the building and and building's common electricity is also on his name. Now the land owner is asking me to give myy documents for Lift license. I said that why should I give, I just purchased the flat and I have no idea in what condition the building is built and what all procedure you have followed for lift installation. They are saying it doesn't matter you dont face any problem if you take license in you name and continuously asking me to take license on my name.

Please guide should I take license on my name? is the person responsible of any lift malfunction if happen in future..
 have just purchased the flat in that building rest I am not involved in any way in making of this building.

Replies (1)

Builder and the land owner jointly are responsible to provide all the common utilities as per the sanctioned plan. Individual flat owners are not allowed to take separate licenses of common utilities.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details