Letter to god

Sunshine (Helping All) (10575 Points)

23 August 2011  

A man worked in a post office. His job was to process all mail that  had illegible addresses. One day a letter came to his desk, addressed in shaky handwriting to God. He thought, "I better open  this one and see what it's all about." So he opened it and it read:  "Dear God, I am a 83 year old widow living on a very small  pension. Yesterday someone stole my purse. It had a hundred dollars  in it which was all the money I had until my next pension cheque."

"Next Sunday is Mother's Day, and I had invited my last two friends  over for dinner. Without that money, I have nothing to buy food  with." "I have no family to turn to, and you are my only hope. Can  you please help me?" The postal worker was touched, and went around  showing the letter to all the others. Each of them dug into his  wallet and came up with a few dollars. By the time he made the  rounds, he had collected 96 dollars, which they put into an envelope  and sent over to her.

The rest of the day, all the workers felt a warm glow thinking of  the nice thing they had done. Mother's Day came and went, and a few  days later came another letter from the old lady to God. All the  workers gathered around while the letter was opened. It read,  "Dear God, How can I ever thank you enough for what you did for me?"  "Because of your generosity, I was able to fix a lovely dinner for  my friends. We had a very nice day, and I told my friends of  your wonderful gift. " "By the way, there was 4 dollars missing. It  was no doubt those thieving b*st*rds at the post office!!!!!!