Less refund recieved from IT Department

I have got a refund for Rs. 7,800 from The Income Tax department by cheque for the AY 2008-2009

The details of the refund & the basis of the calculations have not been given to me

As per my calculation, I should have been refunded Rs. 28,000/-

I am suspecting that due to some error in the IT department (or maybe by me when filling the form by oversight as I may not have filled in all the columns ) my short term capital gains with STT paid  have been taken at full rates

Please advise me know how to proceed & if there is any time barring event as 31st December is approaching in case I am required to correct the return

Thanks for advising

Replies (1)

approach your ITO for assessment copy to get the facts cleared, then proceed further

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article assistant

S.K.Bajpai & Co.

Noida

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Account Executive

Elite Taxation

New Delhi

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details