Leave encashment for recently retired govt employee

Hi,

My uncle retired on January 18. He received some leave encashment. I have a two part question.

1. What's the taxation on income from leave encashment during retirement? -- I read that psu has limit but for a fully govt employee, there is no tax

2.Which section to declare in ITR-1 the leave encashment amount?

Replies (3)
leave encashment received by government employees on retirement is fully exempted . you can show it under exempted income in the ITR
Yes... I agreed to Mr Rama Krishnan.
Thanks for the reply.. Section will be ? I see B1.V under deduction??

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details