Late Tax Payment Query

I filed my taxes using Cleartrip back on August 31. Unfortunately, by the time Cleartrip used its algorithm, it had become past midnight - 1 September.

I am yet to e-verify this return. If I do, should I pay the late payment penalty of Rs. 5000? If yes, how do I make this payment?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Regards,

Varun

Replies (5)
No any kind of penalties or fee applicable if itr uploaded on 31st aug 2019 and only e verification pending, just e verify return with appropriate reason of delay.
Since it is uploaded, you should have e-verfied ITR. You had time to eVerify upto 120 days which is just over now.

I think you should take a chance to eVerify now. If it goes through, it is well and good.

I think you should verify and contact the assessment office if you really have a payment for this. Ask for reconsideration if you can. But just in case that you really have to pay the penalties. Maybe you could also ask the how its actually done.

Thank you for your replies.

1. I hadn't verified the original return, but proceeded to file and verify a Revised return on the 31st.

2. On the 2nd of Jan, after 120 days had passed since I filed the original return, I verified it just in case - and was asked to provide a reason why I hadn't verified it earlier.

Was Step #2 even necessary? Was just filing and verifying a revised return (along with fine payment) enough for the year?

Since it is uploaded, you should have e-verfied ITR. You had time to eVerify upto 120 days which is just over now. I think you should take a chance to eVerify now. If it goes through, it is well and good.

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details