Last attempt Below Average Student--- A REAL success story..Must Read

avater

A learner (Corporate Accounts )     25 July 2010

A learner
Corporate Accounts  
 48 likes  345 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Dear All,

Thanks for the complements and my apologies for posting so late as was going hectic from last few days...( Anyways No excuses.. :):)).

I Discussed with my friend about what special he did to tackle( Later i got to know that he did a simple thing( NOT SPECIAL)..but did it differently.. he just thought in a different way AFTER FAILURE..

;

;

Friends, as mentioned, That friend of mine formed a two way approach to tackle the negativity of mind as well as career downturn..

1.    He learnt some skills which proved to be helpful to him in getting Job and may remain his asets for lifetime. He developed good communication skills as most of his friends who cleared in first attempt were unsuccessful in Campus interview due to poor communicatrion skills. Apart from studies he started developing excellent finacial knowledge, knowledge about economic systems, Indian economy ( I mean he become more of job oriented rather than mere tax return filer  or ledger entry type guy..and above all developed a POSITIVE ATTITUDE & willpower  TO bOUNCE BACK..WHENever HE WILL GET HIS chance in life( Wo kehte hai na Har kisi ke din aate hai..tumhare aaj sahi..hamara kaL hoga...}.Apologies for this language but i just quoted him " as it is" here.

And Bingo this allround knowledge helped him to crack GD'S and positive attitude helped him to be mentally strong all the time when interviewers screwed him like anything.. he laughed and said that though he was a failure but failure helped him to become a hard nut to be cracked easily..even by interviewer.. he he he.. funny but absolutely true as he got guts to say in interview that" I am worthy for your organization" and he meant it..... and interviewer had to believe because of conviction in his words...as he believed what he said.

2nd Approach he followed was :

avater

A learner
Corporate Accounts  
 48 likes  345 points

Dear All,

In continuation of above.....

I found one thing common in him and two thing different which helped him..

One Common thing:  All those fresh commitments after failure , a new start, new study plan, new guidances to sought, amendments collection, again 10 hours a day schedule... And i agree that its must else.. HOW WILL WE ENSURE OUR SUCCESS IN EXAMS in next attempt and he said without clearing exams all his plans , knowledge accumulation skills aquired etc..will be in vain.. "so study to karna hi hai bhai"   AS HE SAID....

First  Different thing out of 2 : He never ever cribbed or abused ICAI for poor results and nor wasted his time in such pursuits.

CAUTION     I am not endorsing any point here that should we crib or not...i am just posting his belief system which i found correct.. if some of my friends disagree here.. i accept their point of view as well that we should raise a voice against this ICAI..but will discuss it later....

coming to point.. he never cribbed as he cribbed in last 3 attempts and found that ICAI will do what its doing so better to prepare a counter attack and not waste time as " Yaar paas to ho hi jayyenge aj nahi to kal but kuch aisa to prepare kar le ki paas hoke fayda utha sake..logo se do kadam aage ho sake..waise hi institute ne to piche kar hi diya hai 2 kadam  ya hum khud  ho gaye..(kaan jaise marji pakad lo dard to hota hi hai BHAI"""   HE HE HE HE..His funny lines at that time.. BUT HE HAS POINT IN HIS SIMPLICITY( WHICH BECOME HIS SPECIALITY LATER)..as minding own business and not loosing focus and concentration is must to attain success in CA exams which become his speciality..

Second different thing(strategy) after declaration of result at time of interview preparation

Request you to please correlate with my very first post to understand...

avater

A learner
Corporate Accounts  
 48 likes  345 points

After declaration of CA results: MY common stupid friend.....

As i mentioned in very first post that he started hunting for JOB only after 20 days of declaration of result and not posted resume on any job portal in between..Question is why???

1. Was he celebrating success and was busy in giving party to us?
  2. Or Has he gone mad as finally after FOURTH attempt he got his Much awaited beautyqueen CA degree...
  3. Or was he busy in preparing Slogans against ICAI for next 20 days writing " Ab bata kya karega Institute..me to paas ho gaya""" he he he ...  Jokes apart...sorry !
  4. Or he went to Sir VED jain and Sir Amarjeet chopra's home to wake them up daily morning at five for next twenty days to show them his laminated degree Indicating " that finally he made it""

Sorry but he did nothing absurd as i told you his Edge point was his focus..

He stayed at home and studied for 20 days @ 12 hour a day right from second day of declaration of result..as most vacancies are there at that time..

;

As he cleared his first group 2 years ago.. he revised all accounting standards as he was not in touch of same and brushed up on basics..

;

then he touched base with IFRS, Corporate governance , VAT regime, GST, Direct tax code, or whatever hot topics can be.... he took a good understanding of same...

He made it a point to be prepared before going to any interview...

;

;

Some of our friends had point of view that " as many interviews you will appear for , the more confident you will be" so never wait for preparation..just give as many interview as you can...

;

But  MY FRIEND believed that if you fail in one interview your confidence and morale will touch grounds..and if for god's sake it happened thrice in a week that you got rejected in interview.. then you are finished..

So according to him better to go prepared and go selective as confidance comes from preparation and not with number of interviews... though its correct to an extent after appearing many interviews you do feel bit comfortable.. But the question for him was :

1. Go selective and try first at top notch firms and not lower your standard initially by going everywhere
  2. Wherever go .. be prepared and utilize the crucial 20 days you got in preparation..and not waste then haywire..

'

His strategies worked and His common stupidity landed him a decent job...( Starting package 4.5 - 5.5 lakh per annum).. he joined one out of 3-4 offers he got..and enjoying his work as he got profile of his choice.

I think lessons are clear my friennds..

He adapted one last  simple strategy... will get back to you soon with that.. as he didnot disussed with me in detail about that.. so better to write after i got complete facts about that..

My sincere apologies to anybody if i have intentionally/unintentionally hurt someone through my point of view...

All the best..  Regards.

2 Like
avater

A learner
Corporate Accounts  
 48 likes  345 points

Thanks ..

avater

eti (article)     05 November 2015

eti
article 
 1 likes  28 points

Today i was almost thinking of quitting CA but this wonderful article brought a ray of hope...thnx a lot for posting it...:)

avater

A learner (Corporate Accounts )     20 December 2015

A learner
Corporate Accounts  
 48 likes  345 points

Hi Eti,

Good to see that it helped somebody. Hope you are back on track for studies, if you still need a booster dose of motivation, more than willing and Happy to discuss. Just inbox me.

(Guest)

nice thanks for inspiring

Kamalika Bagchi (Student CA Final )     24 September 2016

Kamalika Bagchi
Student CA Final  
 21 points

A great piece of article !!! Eye opener

avater

CA Mitesh Nagar (Audit assistant)     12 January 2017

CA Mitesh Nagar
Audit assistant 
 1 likes  31 points

Hiii,

I'm just like ur friend

thanks for sharing#clearing doubts wheather I'm successful or not#fighting#growing#earning as well#concentrating on studies nd updation#loving myself after reading d article😭😭😭😭

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Download the latest Question Papers for free

click here

Trending Tags

GST Live Class    |    x