ITR4 Part A-P&L S. No. 16b Life Insurance

I have gone through ITR4 Part A-P&L Account. At S. No. 16b Life Insurance is mentioned as debit to Profit & Loss account. I have taken single premium policy of ICICI Prudential. Can I show the amount of premium paid here? The premium is Rs 5 Lacs.

Replies (4)

this life insurance means for your employees if any you can mention here...........

Originally posted by : Pankaj Arora

this life insurance means for your employees if any you can mention here...........

Frankly I was going to claim deduction of Rs 1 Lac u/s 80C but when I checked this form I find that I can claim Rs 5 Lacs as an expense instead.

I am employed by a company but they pay me as a service provider and issue Form 16A. You can say I am sole employee in my business not drawing any salary or if the salary really matters I can draw some salary and show it at S. No 15.

My business depends upon my survival and my insurance is incidental to my business. If there was an employee I was entitled for this expense then why not for me

 

You have to mention this 1LAC u/s 80c in other section portion schedule VI-A.

Originally posted by : Pankaj Arora

 

You have to mention this 1LAC u/s 80c in other section portion schedule VI-A.

I know that but could you please answer the original question. I have one more doubt. If S. No. 16 was applicable for employees only than it could have been written under S. No 15 e.g. 15k.  

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details