Itr-4 queries for a consultant employee - help urgent

My income is from profession (IT consultant). I need help on how I fill Part BS, P&L and Schedule BP of ITR4
Here are the facts -
I received Rs. 1,85,990 from the company I was working for.
Of this I incurred expenses of Rs. 1,20,000. (These are my house hold and family expenses.)
TDS was approx Rs. 18,599.

I am filling ITR4 for the above as follows:
Part BS:

6a Amount of total sundry debtors      0 
6b Amount of total sundry creditors     0
6c Amount of total stock-in-trade      0
6.d Amount of cash balance : (1,85,990-1,20,000) = 65,990

All other fields are 0 in Part BS

Part P&L:
51.a Gross receipts 1,85,990
b. Gross profit 1,85,990
c. Expenses 1,20,000
d. Net profit (auto) 65,990
All other fields are 0 in Part P&L

Schedule BP:
A.1 Profit before tax as per profit and loss account (item 43  or item 51d of Part A-P&L ) 65,990 (from 51d)
A.37 Net Profit or loss from business or profession (same as above in 36 except in case of special business, after applying rule 7A, 7B or 7C) 65,990
All other fields are 0 or auto generated in in Schedule BP.

Am I doing the right thing?

Last Year my total income was 75,500 and my TDS was 7,550. This is the second year I'm filing my IT returns.


Thanks in Advance,
Leo
 

Replies (1)

Dear Leo Arokkiaraj J,

                                                 Only expenses related to your business can be allowed as deduction from your income & no household & personal expenses can be deducted from income.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details