ITR 2 run-time error 9

Anil Das (Service) (22 Points)

27 August 2019  

This is regarding latest ITR 2 Excel utility 'ITR2_2019_PR3.1.xls'. Whenever I click 'Next' on top right side of Capital Gain (CG) tab, the following error message appears: "Run-time error '9': Subscriptt out of range."  For the time being, I ignored the error and went to next tab 'Tool-112A' directly clicking on tab icon below. I completed filling up the entire form and generated XML as well. Not sure if there will be error at the time of XML upload.

I tried the following steps, but the error still persists.

1. used Excel 2010 & Excel for Office 365 in different systems

2. Windows 7 & Windows 10 in different systems

3. installed .Net 3.5

Please let me know (1) any suggestion to resolve the issue and (2) in case not resolved, if I successfully upload the XML and submit the IT return, will there be any chance of return being declared defective by IT dept later?

Also, if I unselect/exclude 'Tool-112A' and 'Tool-115AD' in 'Home' tab, the error message doesn't appear. So the issue seems to be related to those 2 particular tabs. When unselected, those 2 tabs remain visible but not functional. As 'Tab-112A' is optional, I am fine with filling only the CG tab for Capital Gain details. But I am not sure if this is the correct process/workaround for dealing with the aforesaid run-time error.

Thank You!