Itr-2 problem with 115h field

Hi,

 

In ITR-2, for the field "

Do you want to claim the benefit u/s 115H (Applicable to Resident)?

 

I am not able to select 'No' as it is marked as Read-Only. Please advise. I suppose I just need to wait for a new version where this issue would be fixed. Any help is very helpful.

 

Regards,

Harsha

Replies (12)

Yes, unless mandatory fields with * are filled and......

Option of """ Residential Status *""" is selected as 'RES- resident'

the option 'Do you want to claim the benefit u/s 115H (Applicable to Resident)?" will not get triggered.....

Yes... I fully Agreed to Our Dhirajlal Sir,

 

The section applicable to Resident (RES) and Resident but Ordinary Resident (NOR)...

Not applicable to  Non-Resident (NRI)

It is now resolved by income tax n new version updated U need to insert pan that will automatically decide individual or huf etc....after that u can select dropdown for claiming benefits u/s 115 at row no 26 in excel utility

I hope the above would be found helpful to you....let me know...

I AM FACING PROBLEM IN FILLING ITR 3 FOR AY 2018-19.

I AM IN-ABLE TO GIVE OPTIONS AGAINST SEC 115H AS THE SYSTEM IS NOT ACCEPTING.

I HAVE ADDED PRIMARY MOBILE NUMBER BUT SYSTEM IS SHOWING "IT IS NOT ADDED"

 

 

 

I have downloaded the new Excel Utility still and even after putting the PAN it does not accept to change to NO U/s.115H and in Java Utility its stuck on "Please Enter the Source" - Which Source ??

Now I dont know how to proceed further to file Return in ITR-2 since both the Utilities are not working.

Please help.

Kindly Reselect the residential status and press enter, it will automatically select NO for benefit u/s 115H. and proceed further

Thank you very much, appreciate your immediate help smiley

From where i can download newer version of ITR 2  i am still facing the same problem 115h is not getting enabled

Please download Java version  of ITR and it is perfectly working

 

CA S.Roychowdhury

hey thanks a lot .it worked

Try changing the status in ITR sheet from "I-INDIVIDUAL" to "H_HUF" and then back to "I-INDIVIDUAL". Then the same will be highlighted. Try, it worked for me

The Java Version worked for me as well. Thank you much everyone for sharing your answers.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details