ITES Employee - I pay too much tax ( details of payslip attached)

Hi All,

I am an ITES employee (M 35) based out of a Tire 2 city. I am married with two kids and my wife recently had to quit her job to take care of our new born kid and on-going covid situation. 

This might sound like a mid-life crisis; however, I have always been financially ignorant, with no significant planning and foresight towards investments or savings. Recently, due to the existing downturn, i almost lost my job ( my name was on the probable lay-off list, but was exempted this time) and realized I barely have any liquid savings (~ Rs 3 to 4 Lakhs), some equity and MF. 

As a start, i was wondering if i could decrease my monthly TDS and could divert that amount to a investment/saving route. I have attached breakdown of my monthly payslip (Sept 2020) as a reference.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

SK


Attached File : 3205874 20201022095123 payslip breakdown 2020.jpg downloaded: 98 times
Replies (1)
Hi,

Most of the deductions available under the income tax act are covered in your payment / investment structure.

But one of the payment / investment in the national pension scheme to the tune of Rs. 50,000 per year could help you to save Rs. 15,000 under section 80CCD(1B) on the part of income tax each year.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details