Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

piyush kr. singh (student)     03 December 2016

ISCA Preparation Guide

hi friends ,
can any one tell me how to prepare isca papers without mugup. what should be the approach. & which book to follow & please let me know about all amendment if any, for may 2017 exam.

9 Replies

nidhi

nidhi (student)     03 December 2016

refer Pm and do exercise questions also. and rtp of current attempt. isse bahar kuch ni ata. n some how you have to mugup. (I did the same)
1 Like
aakash dalmia

aakash dalmia (STUDENT)     03 December 2016

When it comes to isca there is no way other than to mug up.. Atleast the bold point you have to mug up and the material inside that bold point you have to understand it in a conceptual manner.
1 Like
CA. Sandeep Kumawat

CA. Sandeep Kumawat (CA)     04 December 2016

if you understand the purpose of this subject then it's not difficult to learn and write in the exam.

mugging will not help, because if you mug up and you do not understand what is asked in question, then mugging will be of no use.

I will suggest if you have accessibility to Swapnil Patni's class, try that.

if you don't know how/what to do its always better to go to experts and outsource, instead of wasting the time in playing on your own, it cost money only but it can buy you peace.

if you are looking for the career in IT/IS Audit, then it's better to go for in-depth study else prepare to get the exemption by outsourcing and leverage on other subjects.

before joining his class I got 19 and after his ~25 days class, i got 57, I could not cross 60 because of my handwriting.

truly speaking I did not spend much time, only attended his class and read his material 3 times.

here I am not promoting anyone's business, just sharing my experience.

piyush kr. singh

piyush kr. singh (student)     04 December 2016

thanks every one
Pallav Singhania

Pallav Singhania (❤ Work Hard Party Harder ❤)     04 December 2016

Hi Piyush,

Kindly go through this link

/articles/do-not-underestimate-isca-in-ca-final-28412.asp

dharmesh

dharmesh (student)     04 December 2016

It may sound ridiculous, but one needs 3-4 reading in Isca to get good marks in my opinion. I had studied from module and referred Jignesh Chedda for my attempt.
2 Like
Karan Batra

Karan Batra (Creator: TheProTalks)     05 December 2016

Sandeep: Hi, I have not taken classes of Swapnil patni sir however am studying from his book. It would be very helpful if you could post Pnemonics of some chapters especially chapter 7) as it is not clearly mentioned in the book and my best guess is he lets you understand that only if you take his class.
CA RK

CA RK (CA)     05 December 2016

You have ample time to study thoroughly for May 2017 attempt. For ISCA, ICAI's study Material is the best .i.e. Module & Practise Manual are more than Sufficient. To Score Well, you have to study from Module. There is no need to mug up. Join some good classes for ISCA. Try to  understand the subject, then you can easily score upto 60-70. ISCA is the least risky subject as it is pure theory paper.

All the questions in exam come from Sudy Material Only(i.e. Module & Practise Manual). So focus on understanding the subject by taking classes from Some good professor.You will easily score 60-70. ISCA Can really help you to Clear Group II. Questions come straight away from Module. They cant twist questions in ISCA as it is pure theory subject unlike Costing and Taxation.

I myself got exemption in ISCA with the help of classes and Studying from ICAI Module.

So, focus on ISCA and you can easily score 60-70 marks.Module and Practise Manual are more than Sufficient.Just go through Mock Test Papers of last 3-4 attempts and RTP.All the best.

Soham

Soham (Learning )     05 December 2016

Hi ,

Stricyly My Personal Opinion ,

1. Class : Not necessary 

2. Book : Institute material - Module + PM (Throughly)

3.Book (only for Summary at last minute) : I dont know about latest edition of Paduka , but in my time there was paduka's handbook of ISCA where in starting 52 pages (in cream coloured pages) entire books summary was there .. focus on those summary pages .

4. Revise Revise and Revise 

All the Best 

Regards

CA Soham (ISCA Exemption)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register