Easy Office
LCI Learning

Is CA corrupted profession if u practice?

Page no : 2

Amol Gopal Kabra (CA,CS,DISA) (Practicing CA) (8539 Points)
Replied 10 December 2009

Originally posted by :Rajesha
" Hi friends,
One of my friend was telling that if you are practicing CA, then you should be ready to corrupt. If you dont know corruption then you are unfit for the profession. Is it so? Then wat is the value for the CA? Why we should pursue this course to contribute to the corruption?
Please contribute...
"

Please dont tell as CA is a corrupt Profession. I agree that there are corrupt practices in CA profession also but atleast dont give it the title of Corrupt Profession.

Corrupt practices are going on every where in the life. Even for taking the darshan of God, corruption is going on. There people pay to cut through the long queues. Every aspect of life corruption exists. Answer me one question, if caught violating traffic rules do you pay the adequate fine? I think rarely anyone does. There also we look for settlement in 50 or 100 bucks. Then why to name a reputed profession like CA as a corrupted profession.

You asked in your question as "Then wat is the value for the CA? Why we should pursue this course to contribute to the corruption?" I ask you if there is corruption in all aspects of life will you stop living? Agar aisa hai, ki jindagi ki har baat me corruption hai toh jeena bhi chhod do.

I would like to give a disclaimer that by my view i dont support corruption or corrupt practices. Even i dislike it. But the thing is that corruption has become an inevitable part of the life, the country and also the economy. If it has to be removed, action is required on mass scale. Otherwise be a part of the corrupted life.

CA. ANKUR JAIN (CA.....) (2800 Points)
Replied 11 December 2009

Originally posted by :The Harshit Aggarwal
" Well its not exactly corruption but u have to find and use the loopholes  of laws i.e. u have to do right things through wrong ways (not illegal).........it will not lead to corruption but the new laws  !!

U have to see how to benefit the "Persons"  through legal ways.......so don't panic its quite natural !!
"

Agreeeeeeeeeeeeeee............

n further the job of CA is not to do wrong things but it is to present wrong things in CORRECT and LEGAL ways.............

We are not contributing corruption but juz enjoying the loopholes of laws in LEGAL ways.

sneha menon (Practicing Chartered Accountant)   (34 Points)
Replied 17 January 2011

everybody in the above posts have said that - u have to be prepared to be corrupt, corruption is inevitable, its ingrained deep in the system-  but nobody has said that we as citizens of the country are also part of the same system. as a democracy, and as youth we should get to decide how we want our country to be run. Because majority  % of our country consists of a young population. Do any of you know any CAs, who by remaining in the profession have not taken the path of corruption?? it may not be entirely through practice, but I do know of one CA who is doing some good work which would help in making government departments more transparent. if anybody does know people like these, please share it, so then maybe we could take examples from them, broaden our outlook, and have a chance to direct our careers into something more positive.

sneha menon (Practicing Chartered Accountant)   (34 Points)
Replied 17 January 2011

and for those of you who say it is not corruption, but finding loopholes- i do not agree. It is like calling a toilet a washroom- just a more sophisticated way of presentin an ugly truth.

Sunil (abcd) (37 Points)
Replied 12 November 2012

i agee

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: