ICICI

IPCC STUDY HELP REQUEST

seeker (JUNIOR OFFICER)     26 August 2010

seeker
JUNIOR OFFICER 
 53 likes  227 points

| My Other Post

Dear all

I have registered for IPCC in july 2010, I have following confusion and request help from learned people in this forum

1). It has been clearly established from mails of  various people that Theory subjects has to be done from Institute modules only

My confusion is that Institute  material is so vast , How one will memorize it, after all one has to write in exam.So If I just  read institute material and memorize from Private tutor books, ( bhandari,  bansal  & madan ), will it be OK ?

2). This is for Practical Subjects, What approach to be carry out for these subject –

Whether theory and concept clearity  has to be done from institute books and only practical to be done from sighania, tulsian, paduka,

There is problem for example second chapter of Paper Accountancy from institue books Financial Statements- It is so lengthy with only 1-2 examples how to prepare Balance sheet and Profit & Loss in Horizonal & Vertical Form, I was tired at that time. I do not know way to explain my problem. But Tulsian books material for financial statement Coorporate Accounting volume is totally different. Please guide me how to do Practical and theory part.

3). I have read somewhere that O.T and I.T can be done after exam but before registration for article ship, Is this true.

4). If possible can some body guide me which subjectsneeds more time and focus in IPCC. Practicals are marks generating and a must, but theoetical are also essential, please guide

Regards

CA Tej Prakash Dixit (00)     26 August 2010

CA Tej Prakash Dixit
 7 likes  288 points

View Profile | My Other Post

your 1& 3 no. question is 100% true (if OT means orientation and IT means ITT)

1 Like
avater

* Krishna * (CA Student)     26 August 2010

* Krishna *
CA Student 
 1162 likes  6149 points

@ Satya

Regarding theory part of all group 1 subjects i strongly advise you to refer only study material of our institute. Study material in Q&A format is given in icai website. You can download from below link, it contains all previous papers (go thru each subject in that and download all files in that link):

http://www.icai.org/post.html?post_id=6085

Regarding practical problems refer below books:

Accounts - Hanif & Mukherjee and PC Tulsian also (if u hv time)

Costing and FM - PC Tulsian

Taxation - VK Singhania

Reg. theory i once again telling you to stick to institute module first, if u hv still time and want to other contents then refer other books as advised by our seniors. Inst. modules are explained in a simple manner. One can learn the concepts easily paritcularly FM from study module.

However, in addition to above, u MUST complete all suggested answer (to know way of presentation of answers) and RTP, MTP being posted in icai website (www.icai.org). Regarding ITT and orientation course, its advisable to complete both before the exams itself to avoid last minute rush at the branches for seats.

This well help you in scoring good marks and do revisions if u hv time. All the best.

2 Like

seeker (JUNIOR OFFICER)     26 August 2010

seeker
JUNIOR OFFICER 
 53 likes  227 points

@ krishan

For Practical Paper Accountancy, Taxation, Costing

What strategy to be followed ? whether to start from tulsian book or do institute module first

iind thing If one stick to institue module then author's books are not required at all. The difficulty is to acquire the  ability to write the contents of module verbatim or just like, It seems difficult at the initial stage, Those who have done it, I do not know how, what approach, how many pages they have cram daily, To understand is one thing and to write after a month is different thing.

For ITT and O.T I wanted to do it after exam, as confirmed by Tej Prakash I will do then.

Regards

avater

* Krishna * (CA Student)     26 August 2010

* Krishna *
CA Student 
 1162 likes  6149 points

For all practical problems start from standard books referred above. But theory i still advise you to refer institute module itself. In outside books, theory may be given more elaborately and other stuff which you may feel overloaded to study. But institute always asks theory from module itself, not more than that.  To get an idea, you take out one old paper and refer those theory frm institute modules, whether they hv came from module itself or outside books. But if you are interested to know the concepts in detail, then start studying theory also from standards books itself from the starting point. Regarding ITT also i still advise you to complete before exam, sometimes institute may not allow to write the exams without that or stops your result because of that.

1 Like
avater

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)     26 August 2010

Ankur Garg
Company Secretary and Compliance Officer 
 15454 likes  114514 points

1. Refer ICAI Module along with other good reference books. But no need to blindly follow study material.

2. Workout on your writing and presentation skills to deal with theory papers.

3. Forget about memorization policy…focus on conceptual study. Programme your mind accordingly. I think this is a permanent solution to your 75% problems.

4. Always use your mind constructively and figure out the solution of your problems on your own. Rest we are always here for support.

5. Find attached a useful file for practical paper approach.

Attached File : 9 tips for practical paper.pdf downloaded: 169 times
1 Like
avater

Ankur Garg

SOME USEFUL LINKS

Dear Friend,

For removal of all your doubts I would request you to please take some of your precious time and refer the links mentioned below for some useful notes and exam oriented suggestions and tips:

I am sure these links contained the solution of all your doubts.

1.         CS+CA PCC/FINAL--MY CACLUBINDIA FORUM SUGGESTIONS AND TIPS 

2.         CACLUBINDIA FORUM-MY SUGGESTIONS/TIPS

3.         EXAM ORIENTED NOTES AT ONE PLACE

4.         ALL MY EXAM TIPS AT ONE PLACE 

5.         HOW TO START YOUR EXAM PREPARATION

6.         SELF STUDY VS. COACHING CLASSES

7.         CS+CA PCC/FINAL-SUGGESTIONS AND TIPS

8.         SOMETHING STRAIGHT FORWARD TO HANDLE EXAM STRESS!!!

9.         360 DEGREE APPROACH TO SUCCEED IN CA OR CS !!!

10.       CS EXECUTIVE: EXAM PREPARATION TIPS FOR GCL_GROUP-I

11.       HOW TO COPE UP WITH EXAM FAILURE !!!

Wish you all the Best

1 Like
avater

Ankur Garg

BOOKS FOR CA PCC/IPCC

Hi,

You may go for the following options regarding reference books for CA PCC/IPCC:

Accounts- Shukla & Grawal

Auditing- VK Agarwal OR Padhuka

Law- Munish Bhandari OR M.P. Vijaykumar

Ethics & Communication- M.P. Vijaykumar OR Padhuka

Costing- S.N. Maheshwari & Padhuka

F.M.- Saxena & Vashist & Padhuka

Taxation-

(i) For Tax Theory refer== T.N.Manoharan/ Girish Ahuja

(ii)For Tax Numerical refer == Dr.Vinod Singhania/

Information Technology- Padhuka or Dinesh Madan notes

Strategic Management- Padhuka

Also refer Scanners and Suggested Answer issued by ICAI for previous year exams and revised them properly.

For some good notes explore CAClubindia forum and share file section. You may also use search facility of club.

Best Regards

avater

MS SAMEER (CMA*CA*CMDM*ast FUND MANAGER*LEGAL ADVISOR)     09 September 2010

MS SAMEER
CMA*CA*CMDM*ast FUND MANAGER*LEGAL ADVISOR 
 874 likes  14933 points

nice                 

(Guest)

Hi

We are looking for Article Clerks for a reputed Audit Firm in Chennai. Good exposure to Accounts, Audit and other specialized areas. If you are interested, please revert.

You can also refer your friends.

NOTE: If you are completed or undergoing article, kindly refer your friends.

Thanks and Regards

Hema R

SSS Placement Consultants Pvt Ltd

Contact Number: 044-42127730/9841430083

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Download the latest Question Papers for free

click here