Investment suggestions

Hi All, 

I am working in a software firm. Currently I have a Jeevan Saral LIC policy paying 48040 per year. Completed three years. I am currently looking for some investment plans. I can allot 10k per month for investments. My 80c declaration is around 85k (lic premium + PF contribution).As the current year slab has been increased to 1.50 lacs, I want to cover the rest of 65k with investments 

As I earlier stated I can allot 1.2lac per year for new investments, please guide me how I can distribute money to get full tax benefit and also good returns.

.[Not sure how to go ahead, Postal NSC vs RD vs FD vs SIP vs Mutual Funds]

 

Also, I would like to know is there any way, where I can pay the LIC premium with the investment returns itself over a period of time, rather than I pay it separately.

 Please help me out

 

Replies (2)

If an FD is offering 8% pa, you are required to invest Rs. 670,000/- to receive Rs. 53,600/- (less 10% TDS = Rs. 48,240/-) to cover the LIC premium payment.

 

You may invest in 5-year FD or 5-year NSC (both taxable) to get good returns as well 80C deduction, provided you do not need liquidity within these 5 years. For longer term benefits, you may invest in PPF. PPF gives 8%+ interest which is non-taxable and has 15 year maturity.

agreed with mihir....

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details