Easy Office
LCI Learning

Intimiation u/s 143(1) of income tax act 1961

Page no : 2

Dimple (Student) (364 Points)
Replied 27 September 2011

@ anil: actually, i first tried to file the application online. It asks for the corrected template. After furnishing all the details required, the page does not load. I tried it many times. But all in vain. Therefore, finally i chose to file manually.

@ sourav: There is no mistake in any tax calculation or anything. The problem is only this that i filed the amount of tax paid as Rs 216 but paid Rs 220 so department calculated as what it should be i.e. Rs 220. But, may be they checked the CIN according to Rs 216. therefore, they didn't find my challan and raised demand therof.

Sourav Modi (Learner!) (306 Points)
Replied 27 September 2011

Originally posted by : Dimple
But, may be they checked the CIN according to216. therefore, they didn't find my challan and raised demand therof.

What does this mean?

Dimple (Student) (364 Points)
Replied 28 September 2011

I meant that may be department checked for tax challan for Rs 216 (as per return filed) but actual tax deposited is Rs 220 may be thats why in intimation it showing tax payable 220 and tax paid 0 and raised demand for Rs 220

I dont know. I am just guessing.

Sourav Modi (Learner!) (306 Points)
Replied 28 September 2011

Originally posted by : Dimple

I meant that may be department checked for tax challan for216 (as per return filed) but actual tax deposited is220 may be thats why in intimation it showing tax payable 220 and tax paid 0 and raised demand for220

I dont know. I am just guessing.

Well, the department confirms the payment of tax on the basis of challan number rather than on the basis of amounts. So I dont think that would have or should have escaped their eyes if payment and documentations were done properly. Its better you speak to CPC bangalore people on their toll free number.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: