Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SIDDHARTH KOTHARI (N.A)     24 September 2012

International taxation



Can husband who is NRI give the interest free loan in rupees to his wife who is not the NRI and she want to invest to such loan amount in the House Property in India?

She will let out the house property and earn the rent income on the same.From which she will repay the laon taken from her husban.........

The above transaction is proper in terms of Income Tax point of view as all provisions of FEMA has been properly followed.......

 1 Replies


Divv.22 (CA)     25 September 2012

In my opinion,

Unless the loan is given at the market rate of interest it will be considered as a Gift and therefore shall be clubbed with the income of the husband.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags