Inspirational quotes for a motivational 2018

Arpit Shah (Accountant) (21438 Points)

24 April 2018  

56 Motivational and Inspirational Quotes About Success

Here are my favorite inspirational quotes about life:

1) “The way get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney

This straight-to-business quote comes from the man who created the happiest place on earth – and a multibillion-dollar empire. Click here to tweet this quote.

motivational quote by walt disney over feet stepping up stairs

2) “The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.” – Winston Churchill

When it comes to success quotes by famous people, Winston Churchill’s inspirational words of wisdom always make the list. Click here to tweet this quote.

inspirational image with winston churchill quote about optimism

3) “Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers

Will Rogers was an American actor, cowboy, columnist and social commentator who believed in keeping forward momentum. Click here to tweet this quote.

night skyline with will rogers quote overlay

4) “You learn more from failure than from success. Don’t let it stop you. Failure builds character.” – Unknown

When you replace ‘lose’ with ‘learn’ in your vocabulary, the thought of failure becomes less daunting and lets you focus on growth. Click here to tweet this.

you-learn-more-from-failure

Click the link button below to sign up for my daily quotes email that includes many more of my most popular inspirational quotes, delivered to your inbox daily. It will empower and motivate you to take action, create success, and enjoy life – no matter how tough it gets.

Get Daily Quotes Delivered to Your Inbox!

5) “It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” – Inspirational Quote by Vince Lombardi

Vince Lombardi was an American football hero who’s uplifting words frequently make it onto Top 10 Inspirational Quotes lists. Click here to tweet this quote.

inspirational quote by vince lombardi on image of man on mountainside

6) “If you are working on something that you really care about, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you.” – Steve Jobs

Steve Jobs truly captured some of the wisdom of life in this statement. Do that which you are passionate about and your work will feel effortless.

steve-jobs-if-you-a-working-on-something

7) “People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” – Rob Siltanen

I believe this is one of the best quotes to live by because it reminds me to think without limits and never doubt my wildest thoughts.

rob-siltanen-people-who-are-crazy-enough-to-change-the-world

8) “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” – Og Mandino

There’s a special place in my heart for these inspirational words. They remind me of my unwavering determination to become a motivational speaker.

og-mandino-failure-will-never-overtake-me

9) “Entrepreneurs are great at dealing with uncertainty and also very good at minimizing risk. That’s the classic entrepreneur.” – Mohnish Pabrai

This line always puts a smile on my face because it alludes to the excitement of not knowing what to expect but seeing a possible life-changing outcome.

mohnish-pabrai-entreprenuers-are-great-at-dealing-with-uncertainty

10) “We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.” – Maya Angelou

Maya Angelou was one of the top civil rights activists and embraced a spirit of positive thinking and sheer determination.
maya-angelou-we-may-encounter-defeats-but-we-must-not-be-defeated

11) “Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Wishing is not enough; we must do.” – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

This piece of wisdom is one of my favorite quotes for students. It reminds us to apply what we learn and take action toward success, rather than waiting and hoping.

johann-von-goethe-knowing-is-not-enough

12) “Imagine your life is perfect in every respect; what would it look like?” – Brian Tracy

The exercise mentioned in this excerpt of my personal development philosophy is one of the keys to gaining clarity for what you really want in life. Start with a clear vision of your ideal life and happiness, then work backward to achieve it.

imagine-your-life-is-perfect-in-every-respect

13) “We generate fears while we sit. We overcome them by action.” – Dr. Henry Link

I love this pairing of quotation and image (below). Before we act, our imaginations often run wild, but when we move forward we often find the path ahead far less daunting than the horrifying version we had created in our minds.

henry-link-we-generate-fears-while-we-sit

14) “Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.” – Henry Ford

Truly a quote to live by, the American captain of industry, Henry Ford, made this proclamation while reflecting on his life. He is still one of the wealthiest figures of the modern period. Ford also said, “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.”

henry-ford-whether-you-think-you-can

15) “Security is mostly a superstition. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” – Helen Keller

Helen Keller is the author of this thought-provoking quote about life. I love her adventurous spirit and all or nothing attitude!

hellen-keller-seurity-is-mostly-a-superstition

16) “The man who has confidence in himself gains the confidence of others.” – Hasidic Proverb

In this powerful Hasidic proverb, we learn an ancient truth that still holds up in modern times. The power of self-confidence is just as strong today as it was a long time ago. You can still change the thoughts of others by changing your thoughts about yourself.

hasidic-proverb-the-man-who-has-confidence-in-himself

17) “The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt

F.D.R. famously alluded to the impact positive thinking can have on the world, stating that our doubts, or our self-limiting beliefs, were the only restraints on the possibilities of the future.

franklin-roosevelt-limit-to-realization-of-tomorrow

18) “Creativity is intelligence having fun.” – Albert Einstein

Albert Einstein authored this encouraging and uplifting quote. In just five words, he captured the essence of his intellectual philosophy and inspired others to embrace the creative process.

einstein-creativity-is-intelligence-having-fun

19) “What you lack in talent can be made up with desire, hustle and giving 110% all the time.” – Don Zimmer

Professional baseball player and coach, Don Zimmer dedicated 65 years to the sport. The wisdom he left behind implies that will power and dedication are just as important as ability. Again, alluding to the concept that success is formed in the mind before it is manifested in reality.

don-zimmer-what-you-lack-in-talent

20) “Do what you can with all you have, wherever you are.” – Theodore Roosevelt

At number twenty, we have one of the most famous quotes about life by Teddy Roosevelt, who served as President of the United States from 1901 to 1909. A true optimist, he believed in the value of always giving it your all, no matter what you have or where you are.

do-what-you-can-with-all-you-have

21) “Develop an ‘Attitude of Gratitude’. Say thank you to everyone you meet for everything they do for you.” – Brian Tracy

develop-an-attitude-of-gratitude

22) “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis

cs-lewis-never-too-old-to-set-another-goal

23) “To see what is right and not do it is a lack of courage.” – Confucious

confucious-to-see-what-is-right

24) “Reading is to the mind, as exercise is to the body.” – Brian Tracy

brian-tracy-reading-is-to-the-mind

25) “Fake it until you make it! Act as if you had all the confidence you require until it becomes your reality.” – Brian Tracy

brian-tracy-fake-it-till-you-make-it

26) “The future belongs to the competent. Get good, get better, be the best!” – Success Quote by Brian Tracy

the-future-belongs-to-the-competent

27) “For every reason it’s not possible, there are hundreds of people who have faced the same circumstances and succeeded.” – Jack Canfield

Jack-Canfield-For-every-reason-inspirational-quote

28) “Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out.” – Positive Quote by John Wooden

John-Wooden-Things-Work-out-inspirational-quote

29) “A room without books is like a body without a soul.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero

Marcus-Tullius-Cicero-a-room-without-books-inspirational-quote

Download My Free E-Book of Motivational Quotes to Live By

Click the button below to get my e-book with 15 questions to ask yourself to stay motivated and many more inspirational quotes that will empower and encourage you to take action, create success, and enjoy life.

1motivational guide - 5 questions to ask yourself to stay motivated

30) “I think goals should never be easy, they should force you to work, even if they are uncomfortable at the time.” – Michael Phelps

Michael-Phelps-i-think-goals-inspirational-quote

31) “One of the lessons that I grew up with was to always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals.” – Michelle Obama

Michelle-Obama-One-of-the-lessons-inspirational-quote

32) “Today’s accomplishments were yesterday’s impossibilities.” – Robert H. Schuller

Rober-H-Schuller-Todays-Accomplishments-were-inspirational-quote

33) “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.” – Steve Jobs

Steve-Jobs-The-Only-Way-inspirational-quote

34) “You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.” – Zig Ziglar

Zig-Ziglar-You-Dont-Have-inspirational-quote

35)  “A clear vision, backed by definite plans, gives you a tremendous feeling of confidence and personal power.” – Brian Tracy

Brian-tracy-motivational-quotes

36) “There are no limits to what you can accomplish, except the limits you place on your own thinking.” – Brian Tracy

brian-tracy-inspirational-quote

Motivational Quotes for Leaders (Bonus Section)

My best quotes about business success have been inspired by the world’s best leaders. Whether you’re an entrepreneur, business owner, or manager, here are 20 leadership quotes to help motivate yourself to peak performance.

Remember that true leadership is about striving to become better in all areas of life and empowering everyone around you to become the best versions of themselves. Always focus on improving your leadership qualities as well as others around you.

20 Success Quotes for Inspirational Leaders

Here are 20 of my favorite inspirational quotes for business leaders. If you find them to be particularly motivating, please share this post with your friends.

37) “Integrity is the most valuable and respected quality of leadership. Always keep your word.”

Leadership Quotes Integrity is The

38) “Leadership is the ability to get extraordinary achievement from ordinary people”

Leadership Quotes Leadership is The

39) “Leaders set high standards. Refuse to tolerate mediocrity or poor performance”

Leadership Quotes Leaders Set High

40) “Clarity is the key to effective leadership. What are your goals?”

Leadership Quotes Clarity is The

41) “The best leaders have a high Consideration Factor. They really care about their people”

Leadership Quotes The Best Leaders

42) “Leaders think and talk about the solutions. Followers think and talk about the problems.”

Leadership Quotes Leaders Think And

43) “The key responsibility of leadership is to think about the future. No one else can do it for you.”

Leadership Quotes The Key Responsibility

44) “The effective leader recognizes that they are more dependent on their people than they are on them. Walk softly.”

Leadership Quotes The Effective Leader

45) “Leaders never use the word failure. They look upon setbacks as learning experiences.”

Inspirational Quotes Leaders Never Use

46) “Practice Golden Rule Management in everything you do. Manage others the way you would like to be managed.”

Leadership Quotes Practice Golden Rule

47) “Superior leaders are willing to admit a mistake and cut their losses. Be willing to admit that you’ve changed your mind. Don’t persist when the original decision turns out to be a poor one.”

Leadership Quotes Superior Leaders Are

48) “Leaders are anticipatory thinkers. They consider all consequences of their behaviors before they act.”

Leadership Quotes Leaders Are Anticipatory

49) “The true test of leadership is how well you function in a crisis.”

Leadership Quotes The True Test

50) “Leaders concentrate single-mindedly on one thing– the most important thing, and they stay at it until it’s complete.”

Leadership Quotes Leaders Concentrate Single

51) “The three ‘C’s’ of leadership are Consideration, Caring, and Courtesy. Be polite to everyone.”

Leadership Quotes The Three-Cs

52) “Respect is the key determinant of high-performance leadership. How much people respect you determines how well they perform.”

Leadership Quotes Respect is The

53) “Leadership is more who you are than what you do.”

Leadership Quotes Leadership is More

54) “Entrepreneurial leadership requires the ability to move quickly when opportunity presents itself.”

Leadership Quotes Entrepreneurial Leadership Requires

55) “Leaders are innovative, entrepreneurial, and future-oriented. They focus on getting the job done.”

Leadership Quotes Leaders Are Innovative

56) “Leaders are never satisfied; they continually strive to be better.”

Leadership Quotes Leaders Are Never

Thanks for reading my favorite motivational quotes of this year. I wish you a wonderful year and hope you can look to these inspirational words whenever you need a boost so you may confidently crush any challenges or goals that you set for yourself.