Easy Office
LCI Learning

Inoperative PAN of landlord

Page no : 2

CuriousMind (NA) (126 Points)
Replied 14 February 2024

Thanks Sarvana but its again a bit confusing b/w 10(13A ) & 12BB . What's this 12BB pls ? because I know there's a 10(13A) section within incometax portal we see while filing ITR return ( as you shared the screenshot) 

2. Can you pls clarify what's this 12BB and do I need to fill this at all and if yes where to fill this if my dubious landlord is unwilling to support with all required data  ? 

I get my form 16 during mid June ( mostly during 3rd week of June ) and can file my return immediately after that . 

Kindly help 🙏

Saravanan nagaraj (463 Points)
Replied 14 February 2024

Form 12BB which is applicable for salried employees, filed by HR department. 

10(13A) HRA can be claimed under this section who are self-employed, who is miss to file 12BB, other salaried employees who are earned below TDS slab limit.

If you miss or rejected your HRA claim by HR dept. They won't declare this in your form 16A certificate. 

You can show it here in this section 10(13A) your HRA exemption only. There is no option to declare about your landlord. 

Most of the companies issued form 16A certificate at then end of June. You will have time. 

Please keep all your rent related records and calculation of your HRA exemption as much as reasonable. 

Sometimes, Assessing officer (AO) raise intimation that you are availing claim more than declare by your employer. To give declaration regarding your HRA exemption. You need all documents in handy.

CuriousMind (NA) (126 Points)
Replied 14 February 2024

Thanks Sarvana, that clarifies till good extent .

1. We stayed here from May - date , I had declared ( 35K x 11 months - 3.85 Lacs ) and April 2023 in other house ( 30K ) . Only 30K is approved by user and rest 3.85Lacs is rejected for the PAN issue . 

2. What exactly you mean about HRA calculation? Isn't it rest 3.85 Lacs can be covered u/s 10(13A) of incometaxportal while filing return ?

3.in my case , how much my employer might have declared under 12BB , if I had declared 4.15 Lacs total from which only 30K approved

what exact calculation you mean pls 🙏

Saravanan nagaraj (463 Points)
Replied 14 February 2024

HRA received from your employer. Actual rent paid minus 10% of salary. 50% of basic salary for those living in metro cities. 40% of basic salary for those living in non-metro cities.

The calculation done by HR and declare in form 16A.

Please us this link to calculate your exemption.

https://cleartax.in/paytax/HraCalculator

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: