Indian ca jobs prospect in australia

PNath (CA Job) (24 Points)

27 November 2012  

Hello Evryone,

Let me introduce myself first. I am a qualified Chartered Accountant with 4+ years of experience in Business planning in manufacturing sector. My job role comprises of MIS, Budgeting, Planning, Financial Analysis etc.

I am intending to immigrate to Australia as my spouse has got a long term opportunity in that country. I am aware about the MRA between ICAI and CPA Australia and ICAI and ICAA. I have enquired that I have to be physically present in australia to do the bridging study module for CA program of Australia. However I have read in some forums that if I do CPA then the 2 study modules and the examinations can be taken from India as well. Just wanted to ask experienced people that is it true??

Also I will be doing bridging courses of CA and CPA of australia, just wanted to know that will I be able to land myself into a job just with my CA qualification or do I need to have a CA or CPA Australia degree as compulsary?? In that case I will have to do the courses in india before landing AUstralia or else I can do it with a job after I shift to that country.

Please expereinced members......please give me a realistic picture of the job market in Australia and the acceptability of Indian CA degree there. It will help me to decide my furure course of action before moving to australia. 

I would really appreciate advice.

Thank you.

PN