Incorrect PAN on last year (2006-07) tax return/ Form16

Just week ago I observed that my this year (2007-2008) Form 16 was having wrong PAN (single character mispelled ‘P’ to ‘N’ ), however I got correct Form 16 from employer and filed tax return.

But on checking my previous year (2006-2007) tax return ack/ Form 16,  it was also having wrong PAN ). My employer has deducted all tax (TDS) against that wrong PAN.  Can TDS be revised against correct PAN ?

Can I file revised tax return for year 2006-2007 now. do i have to pay any penlity also?

Pls advise....

thanks in advance,

Replies (4)
Originally posted by :sushil
" Just week ago I observed that my this year (2007-2008) Form 16 was having wrong PAN (single character mispelled ‘P’ to ‘N’ ), however I got correct Form 16 from employer and filed tax return.

But on checking my previous year (2006-2007) tax return ack/ Form 16,  it was also having wrong PAN ). My employer has deducted all tax (TDS) against that wrong PAN.  Can TDS be revised against correct PAN ?

Can I file revised tax return for year 2006-2007 now. do i have to pay any penlity also?

Pls advise....

thanks in advance,
"

u  can file revised return with correct PAN before  31st march , 2009

File a revised return

also ask ur eployer to revise TDS agianst correct PAN

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details