Incorrect income tax filed for ay 2012-13

 

Hi,
For assessment year 2012-13 I filed my income tax with a online company. Now when I check my Form-26AS for same assessment year 2012-13, it says below tax deducted:
 
Name of deductor Tax Deducted (in Rs)
ICICI BANK          3400
ABC Pvt Ltd          30,000
 
But the ITR-1 form didn't reflect the ICICI bank tax deduction (i.e Rs 3400), also same is not reflected ITR-V form. At that time I didn't notice it.
Now though the process is already completed and I have received the acknowledgment from Bangalore as well.
So let me know what is possible now.
Replies (3)

File a revised return if the original return was filed within the due date. Simple. But -- are you willing to show the income say Rs Y corresponding to TDS Rs 3,400 ? Did you show this income in original return.

Look into matter. And come back in this illustrious Forum.

Regards,

It is basically cummulative TDS deducted for all my fixed deposit with the bank. 

And I am assuming if the TDS is already deducted then that Income Tax athourity is already aware of that income. Please correct me if I am wrong.

True, Dept is aware of your income. But in order to claim TDS set off you should offer the corresponding income for taxation either in original or revised ITR.

Thanks,

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
29 September 2026
Work at home

Lottery.sambad.tv

Bhopal

Others

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details