Incorrect demand notice, how do i file rectification

Hi, I had filed income tax for AY 2013-14 online, painstakingly making sure that every entry is matched with Form 26AS. For my AY 2013-14, incometaxefiling.gov site also shows "Tax credit claimed is fully matched with tax credit in 26AS"

I have, however, now received a demand notice of Rs 1280 instead of a refund of Rs 1320. The TDS calculated on the return is lower than the actual TDS deduced by Rs 2600/-.

I am surprised that IT return TDS computed by CPC mismatches with my form 26AS total. How do I rectify this online when no changes are needed except that they need to calculate my TDS amount as per 26AS.

Regards

Anirban

Replies (3)

File rectification u/s 154 online.

Originally posted by : Fenil Shah
File rectification u/s 154 online.

Thanks, I can see the option “No further data correction required. Reprocess the case.” Which of the 2 options from below do I select?

  • Tax Credit Mismatch
  • Gender Mismatch
  • Tax/Interest Computation
Originally posted by : Anirban



Originally posted by : Fenil Shah



File rectification u/s 154 online.





Thanks, I can see the option “No further data correction required. Reprocess the case.” Which of the 2 options from below do I select?


Tax Credit Mismatch
Gender Mismatch
Tax/Interest Computation
 

Tax Credit Mismatch

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details