Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003


Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Balaji Subbu (SAP FICO)     16 February 2017

Incometax refund- same demand notice

Hello Preofessional Friends

  1. During 2013-2014, I was a Salaried Employee and I completed IT return with a REFUND of Rs 32000.
  2. During June2016, I received a Demand Notice from IT dept, reason is mis-match of TDS
  3. I checked TRACES. Tax Deducted and Tax Deposited - both are 100% matched.(my Emolyoer had PAID all that collected from me)
  4. During June2016, I called IT toll free number and as per their advise I had replied (in the IT website) with Screen shot of FORM 26AS
  5. During Sep2016, again I recd same above  issue related demand notice. I called IT tollfree numbe, updated them and Once again I replied through IT website
  6. During Jan2017, again I recd SAME demand notice. I called today 16.02.2017 IT tollfree number but no clear answer.  This 4th time I recd such SAME demand Note from Income Tax Dept
  7. Please let me know how I can get back my REFUND of Rs32000- which IT dept is holding on the ground that my employer had deposited only lesser amt of TDS and not actual. But when I checked FORM 26AS- TRACES, Tax Deducted and Tax Deposited - both are 100%matched.


Adv Thanks


Balaji Subbu


 7 Replies

Danish Jain

Danish Jain (Tax Adviser)     16 February 2017

You must be having Form 16 which is issued by the employer which gives the details of your TDS deducted and deposited with Income tax dept. If your employer has deposited the TDS amount which was deducted then there should be no issue. Please check Form 16 and Form 26AS. there should be no difference between form 16 and Form 26AS.

Hope this will work.
Venkatesh Dangeti

Venkatesh Dangeti (CA)     17 February 2017

whether rectification rights with cpc or AO??
Venkatesh Dangeti

Venkatesh Dangeti (CA)     17 February 2017

write a letter to AO regarding the same.

Prabhaharan (Article Student)     17 February 2017

This type of issue may arise due to quoting Deductor TAN wrongly in your return. If it is wrong, you can rectify through income tax e-filing website. otherwise, It's better to write latter to AO.

K.chandrasekaran (Partner)     19 February 2017

Please  log on to grievance cell  and lodge a complaint .It is found athat many of the departement officials are  not fully trained to handle and  see data avilable in their own systems and as a result  they donot take decsions to process refunds.

Venkatesh Dangeti

Venkatesh Dangeti (CA)     19 February 2017

chandrasekaran sir,
grievance worked for you?
i mean, did your pending case rectify??

K.chandrasekaran (Partner)     19 February 2017


yes icould initiate the action and get it sorted.Pl make a trial in the above link

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags