Hello Preofessional Friends
- During 2013-2014, I was a Salaried Employee and I completed IT return with a REFUND of Rs 32000.
- During June2016, I received a Demand Notice from IT dept, reason is mis-match of TDS
- I checked TRACES. Tax Deducted and Tax Deposited - both are 100% matched.(my Emolyoer had PAID all that collected from me)
- During June2016, I called IT toll free number and as per their advise I had replied (in the IT website) with Screen shot of FORM 26AS
- During Sep2016, again I recd same above issue related demand notice. I called IT tollfree numbe, updated them and Once again I replied through IT website
- During Jan2017, again I recd SAME demand notice. I called today 16.02.2017 IT tollfree number but no clear answer. This 4th time I recd such SAME demand Note from Income Tax Dept
- Please let me know how I can get back my REFUND of Rs32000- which IT dept is holding on the ground that my employer had deposited only lesser amt of TDS and not actual. But when I checked FORM 26AS- TRACES, Tax Deducted and Tax Deposited - both are 100%matched.