Income tax return in case of education loan

 

Question:- I have a doubt regarding the income Tax return

I passed my B.tech in June 2011, for completing the education I took the Education loan of 4 lac. And joined company as Software Engg. on 11 July 2011,

Now during filling the details of my investments (for calculation of TDS) I showed the amount of interest put by bank from  11 July till 20 Jan which is 25729.

Can I get rebate on income tax for the complete financial interest from 31 mar 2011 to 31 mar 2012?

So tell me the procedure to fill education loan information in income tax Return and what documents I should submit as proof.

And also tell me that ,how much amount, from my loan EMI will be properly counted by the income tax department. 

 

Replies (1)

Dear Gourav,

you may show the deduction u/s 80 E of the IT Act. You may get deduction for the entire year.At present no documents are to be attached. Only interest portion is deductible 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details