Income tax rectification request

For Assessment Year 2012-2013 my sister's total taxable Income is Rs. 197870.00.  For female taxpayer, the tax liability including surcharge is Rs. 811.00 The T.D.S. is Rs. 3555.00  So, I filed online return for Rs. 2744.00 as balance refundable.

By mistake, I entered Gender as Male in the ITR. Thus, the IT CPC has calculated tax liability including surcharge as Rs. 1841.00 and has issued Cheque for Refund of Rs. 1714.00

I have received the cheque, and it is kept with me. The gender in the PAN database is correct (i.e. Female). So, I filed an online Rectification Application for Gender Mismatch. I have received a communication from the IT CPC saying that my application for rectification could not be processed at this point of time, for the following reasons:

THE REFUND OF THE EARLIER ORDER IS STILL UNDER PROCESS.

Now, what should I do? Should I get the cheque for Rs. 1841.00 deposited into the bank account and then again file Rectification Application for Gender Mismatch?

Replies (1)

wait for sometime friend.  encash the earlier cheque so that process for last refund can be closed.  after that check the status of rectification request.  If the status is rejected, then apply again.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details