INCOME TAX QUERY

To all,

I availed a housing loan in May 2008 and started building my house.  I was paying pre-EMI

for the loan and the actual EMI started from January.  My house got completed in December.

Till then I was staying in a rented house.  In January i went to my own house.  I know i can

avail Pre-EMi and int and pri for the housing loan.  Can I avail the HRA for the month of

April 2008 to December 2008.

 

Please advise.

Replies (3)

pls. make clear in which year your house construction completed.

Dear Joseph!

In your case, as the construction was completed only in December 2008 and you have occupied the new own house in January 2009, You are entitled to claim HRA benefits for the period from April 2008 to December 2008 provided you are otherwise eligible under 10(13A).

Go ahead!!

Yes, u can claim HRA benifit upto the date u lived in Rented house.

and both int. and principal amt.paid during P/Y 2008-09 u can claim dedution U/s 24 and 80C rsepectively.

(assumed construction completd in Jan 2009.)

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details