Income tax on second home

Hi Experts,

I have a house in Bangalore on which there is no loan amount. I would like to purchase a second home in the same city. I have some queries regarding the tax benefits which I can avail.

Can I get the tax benefits of the loan on second home even without having a loan on my first house. I am not interested in 80C (Rs 1Lac) and 24 (Rs 1.5Lac on interest)  tax benefits as I already have my PF and other investments like LIC which takes care of 80C and also under sec 24, the max savings I can get is around Rs 50K when I pay 1.5Lacs as interest. 

Pls help me with your expert guidance

Replies (2)

PK,

You are entitled to the deduction of entire interest paid by you on loan taken from banks and other Financial Institutions for purchasing a home, if the home is let out.

 

So incase you let out the property, you can claim maximum benefit

If you have more than one property, you can go for tax planning by way of claiming either of them by claiming S.O and other by deemed let out. On deemed let out property, there is no interest cap of Rs.150K. So plan accordingly and avail max benefit.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details