Income tax notice

Dear Member

please tell me in case of e-filing of return assessee mention address different as provided in the pan details. If for the scrutiny purpose department has issued notice, So in which address department delivered notice ( mentioned in ITR or Pan Record address)

Replies (14)

Notice should be delivered in the ward where ITR was filed

I have no idea how online filing of tax returns works.

I think a mistake has been made while filing the return. Isn't it?

How exactly did you file the return? I mean at which site?

Was it you who made the mistake?

transcribing service|transcripttion services|audio transcripttion services

all communication will be routed to PAN address, however for e filing case the communication copy will be mailed in your email provided.

friend...the notice must b having the ward no....or even the same can b found by logging into the incometaxindiaefiling site and there by goining into the option of know ur jurisdiction... still doubtful...pls ask...

It will be your address which u hav mentioned on ITR....i.e. address for communication,

ur permanent address will be of PAN

Notice will always be served on PAN record address, because this address

is permanant in nature. Address mentioned in ITR is a current address and

it may differ from time to time. I have experienced it so many times

particularly for u/s 143 (2) notice.

https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/portal/faq_form.do#EQF5

Thanks a lot Prahlad Tanwani Sir

I Expect this answer for the experienced person.

You had cleared my doubts.

I have also in mind that it would come in our PAN address but not sure.

https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/portal/faq_form.do#EQF5

https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/portal/faq_form.do#EQF5

Any communication with related to ITR filing will reflect to the email address and address entered in the ITR.

for more information contact TRPs helpdesk 1800-10-23738

i think u should thank us all..we all have answered the same thing... no offence Tanwaniji...

Dear Friends,

                         I am working in a Private Limited Company,  Now I am in a position to file our sales tax annual return for one of our branches in Bangalore.  What are the procedures I need to follow to file the same.

 

KIndly help in this regard,

I  AM ALSO AGREE WITH MR. PRAHLAD..

 

NOTICE WILL BE SERVED ONLY ON THE ADDRESS MENTIONED IN THE PAN.

 

 

In case of e-filing of return if assessee has wrote the wrong address then

 

the address given on PAN is to be considered for the matter of SCRUTINY or any other matter relating to ITR.

because in E FILING scanning in done on NAME, DOB, PAN NO. and the details relating to address on pan no is to be considered.

 

Yours faithfully

Sumit

(CA Final)

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Topics :

Loading
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details