Income tax intimation u/s 143(1)

Dear Sir:  I have received notification under section 143(1) stating there is a mismatch of what is reported in the IT return and Form 26 AS with respect interest earned frm FD.  However I have checked the Form 26AS as on 5th Sep 2018 and found no mismatch between what I entered in the Return with what is on 26AS.  Even the TAN no matches perfectly.  I only see that the "date of booking" on the form 26AS for the Deposit is "June 2018".  I don't think this is the reason because it is included in the form  26AS of the Assessment year 2018-19.  Also I checked the last year form 26AS and found that "booking date" from the same company was "june 2017" and I did not receive any notification of mismatch for last year.

So I don't know what to do since 26AS and my return shows the same data but Income tax is refusing to provide refund.

Also there is no way to file rectification as option AY2018 is not available in the IT website.

Replies (2)

Order under section 119 of Income-tax Act, 1961

Sub-clause (vi) of clause (a) of sub-section (1) of section 143 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 ('Act') as introduced vide Finance Act, 2016, w.e.f. 01.04.2017, while processing the return of income, prescribes that the total income or loss shall be computed after making adjustment for addition of income appearing in Form 26AS or Form 16A or Form 16 (the three Forms) which has not been included in computing the total income in the return

Have you taken the correct income given in 26AS.

yes sir, I have taken the correct income from form26as and reported in my return.  there is no mismatch between what i entered and 26AS.  sorry for replying late as i didn't realize i have received a reply on this.

thanks for replying

srikanth

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article assistant

S.K.Bajpai & Co.

Noida

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Accounts and Tax Associate

POOJA R TELI & CO

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details