Income tax from f&o trading

Hello Experts,

I am a small time F&O trader and have made a profit of around 120,000 in the current financial year after deducting brokerage, STT, stamp duty, etc..

I have a afew queries

Am I liable to pay income tax?

Do I need to file ITR, if yes, which one..

Many thanks,

Amal

Replies (3)

Dear Amalendu,

 

The income from F&O transactions will be taxed as business income.  Whether any tax liability is there or not, shall depend on your total income. 

 

With regards to tax return, you can file ITR4/ITR-4S depending upon your total income, turnover etc.

 

You can contact us for professional assistance in this regard.

Agreed with Nikhil...................

Sir,

I am a trader.  I want to know the turn over calculation for income tax.  I did the calculation as given below.

1. Derivative Future : Total of Profit & Loss (ie., Proft = 25000 Loss = 25000 , turnover = 50000)

2. Derivative Options : Total of Profit & Loss (same way as did in Future)

3. Derivative Options : Total of the sale value of options

4. Equity Cash : Total of sale value.

Please help me.

Thanks

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article assistant

S.K.Bajpai & Co.

Noida

B.Com

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
07 October 2026
Senior Account Manager

Amplio Invest

Mumbai

M.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details