Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Income tax for non resident

CA Sreenivasa Rao Munaga (Chartered Accountant) (1083 Points)

09 October 2011  

One of my Uncle who is Non Resident is having income from Salary/Pension from Central University in Hyderabad.  What is the taxability of this income.

In the above case, he has some savings to him every year.  Based on that savings can he file nil return.  (Please assume that after exemptions u/s 80C the total income will be less than taxable income).  Can he eligible for exemptions for u/s 80C as he is a non resident?


M.Sreenivasa Rao.

 1 Replies

Rahul Suneja (CA-Final, CS-Exec) (210 Points)
Replied 09 October 2011

The income is taxable in India as it is accruing arising in India.Yes he can claim dedution u/s 80C but it depend on the type of savings

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags