Income tax for consulting work payment

Post Retirement, I am providing consulting services to a company. For my services, the company is paying me Rs. 20,000 salary  per month (which goes to my bank account) and 30,000 cash per month for work related expenses which includes - Travel, Site Visits, Hotel Expenses, Assistant Expenses, etc. The company makes me sign a voucher for the receipt of the cash.

Also, my salary of 20,000, is not structured. Its a lumpsum amount.

Now, along with the 20,000 salary, I get pension and interest from Savings, etc. - which, in total, amounts to more than 50,000 per month. Can I get I-T rebate on HRA, Medical Bills, or any other personal expenses to reduce the taxable income below Rs. 50,000?

Pls. Note - HRA, Medical Expenses, etc. are not shown separately in my salary of 20,000. But, they are my actual expenses, which, I think I should get rebate of. Pls. suggest.

Also are there any other heads on which I can get further rebates. Your suggestion would be very helpful.

Regards,

Replies (1)

Maintaining receipts are not mandatory!

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
29 September 2026
Work at home

Lottery.sambad.tv

Bhopal

Others

View Details