Income tax efiling communication

I received a communication from CPC Bangalore informing me that my return is under process but there is a mismatch in amounts claimed and it indicated that my self assessment tax payment challan (I got a table indicating CIN, BSR, Date and Challan Number and amount)is mismatched in their records. I checked the challan from bank. It is correct. I checked the challan upload status at tin.nsdl.com and it is showing correct. I checked the for 26AS it is there without any remarks of any error. I checked my return excel utility it is correctly entered. Only the XML shows the date in YYYY-MM-DD although written as DD-MM-YYYY but every year it is like that and the xml is automatically created and previously there was no problem. Am still trying to figure out what is wrong. I called the helpline and they were not helpful. They said if I made any error in challan details I can submit a rectified return. In case there is no error then ignore the communication. If anyone has such experience please let me know how to go about. Do I wait for intimation under sec 143 and file a rectification if any credit is not given. My 26AS is all clear!

I received a communication from CPC Bangalore informing me that my return is under process but there is a mismatch in amounts claimed and it indicated that my self assessment tax payment challan (I got a table indicating CIN, BSR, Date and Challan Number and amount)is mismatched in their records. I checked the challan from bank. It is correct. I checked the challan upload status at tin.nsdl.com and it is showing correct. I checked the for 26AS it is there without any remarks of any error. I checked my return excel utility it is correctly entered. Only the XML shows the date in YYYY-MM-DD although written as DD-MM-YYYY but every year it is like that and the xml is automatically created and previously there was no problem. Am still trying to figure out what is wrong. I called the helpline and they were not helpful. They said if I made any error in challan details I can submit a rectified return. In case there is no error then ignore the communication. If anyone has such experience please let me know how to go about. Do I wait for intimation under sec 143 and file a rectification if any credit is not given. My 26AS is all clear!I received a communication from CPC Bangalore informing me that my return is under process but there is a mismatch in amounts claimed and it indicated that my self assessment tax payment challan (I got a table indicating CIN, BSR, Date and Challan Number and amount)is mismatched in their records. I checked the challan from bank. It is correct. I checked the challan upload status at tin.nsdl.com and it is showing correct. I checked the for 26AS it is there without any remarks of any error. I checked my return excel utility it is correctly entered. Only the XML shows the date in YYYY-MM-DD although written as DD-MM-YYYY but every year it is like that and the xml is automatically created and previously there was no problem. Am still trying to figure out what is wrong. I called the helpline and they were not helpful. They said if I made any error in challan details I can submit a rectified return. In case there is no error then ignore the communication. If anyone has such experience please let me know how to go about. Do I wait for intimation under sec 143 and file a rectification if any credit is not given. My 26AS is all clear!

Read more at: /experts/experts_display_list_by_category.asp?cat_id=3#.UOVXvazlYsk
Replies (2)

Yes wait for the Intimation., then you can file the rectification.

Sorry. She told me to file revised return. But the details filed in the original return are correct so therefore no point in making any revision. Maybe I will have to wait till it is processed because in the communication they have not asked me to submit anything. Regarding date format, in the excel utility provided by department they ask us to input DD/MM/YYYY but when you generate the xml for uploading it generates as YYYY/MM/DD. I wonder whether this maybe the mismatch. Even if I make the revised return to upload the XML generated shows the same format of YYYY/MM/DD and not DD/MM/YYYY as we enter. Do we have to edit the XML file and upload? I have not seen any such instructions anywhere.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details