Dear experts, A. Y 2020-21 My Gross receipt is 3468212/- my Net profit is 451830/- my work is yarn spinning as Job works. I m not registered under GST. Only two year income tax return submitted. BUT THIS YEAR A. Y 2020-21 EXTRA WORK IN THIS YEAR. AS PER INCOME TAX NO TAX LIABILITY. BUT I CONFUSE IN GST MATTER. CAN I COMPULSORY IN GST REGISTRATION. AND THIS YEAR A. Y 2021-22 I close this work. These job work is not parmanent. Pls suggest me.
Replies (5)
Quick Summary
This discussion concerns a yarn spinning job worker whose gross receipts for AY 2020-21 were over £34 lakhs, with a net profit of £4.5 lakhs. Despite submitting income tax returns for two years, they are not registered for GST and are unsure if registration is compulsory, especially as they plan to close the business soon. Experts advise that GST registration was likely required and suggest filing income tax returns properly while being prepared for potential future GST notices.