Income in wife's name

Can I receive income in wife's account - it will be her income and she will pay tax on it but I will be the one actually doing the work. Question is: does IT dept. care who actually does the work against which income is received as long as all taxes are paid and returns filed?

Replies (3)

if everything the business, the income is on wife's name , then ther wil b no problem dear

It will be all business/consulting income. I will tell my client to send cheque or transfer funds to my wife's proprietory current account. I will also raise a bill from in her proprietory company name. This sounds a bit fishy - but, perfectly legal and acceptable to I.T. Dept.??? If there is a scrutiny, I do not want I.T. department to ask me to prove that my wife was the one doing the work as she is not qualified to do it ( investment analysis)? Thanks!

Hi,

You said it right!

Firstly, raise invoices in your wife's name. 

Secondly, show income in her individual account.

IT dept will have no issues regarding this.

For any further query PM or mail us.

AJH & CO.

info @ ajhco.in

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details