Igst on imports

I have imported Services (Electronically Supplied Services) to India & my foreign supplier had issued an invoice charging me IGST @ 18%. Pl clarify whether it is correct and if ti is correct how can I take credit of it?

Replies (5)
let us clear that your foreign supplier had charged or along with custom I have been charged IGST. if it has been charged along with custom by custom department then you can take ITC. IGST charged by foreign company will not be available for ITC because that is revenue of that country not of our country so can't take ITC.
you are liable to pay IGST on import under RCM, u cannot take the input for services charge by person from Non taxable territory

I have attached the invoice copy, raised from US by our supplier. Pl check and revert.

How can he charge IGST on us?

Yes he has billed u extra in name of GST Tax

Should I take with him and deny the IGST portion, right?

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
29 September 2026
Work at home

Lottery.sambad.tv

Bhopal

Others

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details