Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

IFRS convergence - Don't get confused with new Ind. AS

Vivek (CA ) (2322 Points)

28 February 2011  

MCA has notifed 35 New Indian AS on 25th Feb.. This news is noting do with the applicability of the International IFRS (as issued by ISAB) on the listed and some other Indian companies w.e.f.  01.04.2011..

https://www.cnkonline.com/client/mca/inner/mca_on_converged_indian_as/roadmap.asp

These new 35 Ind. AS are applicable only on the residual Indian entities which are not covered by the original IFRS convergence roadmap as notified earlier, starting from 01.04.2011.  These new Ind. AS (based on IFRS) will replace the existing 32 Accounting Standards issued by the ASB of the ICAI.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/services/consultancy-/-audit/35-new-standards-notified-but-accounting-system-fails-to-meet-ifrs-norms/articleshow/7590825.cms

10 Replies

Ashish Ojha (Chartered Accountant) (469 Points)
Replied 28 February 2011

Have you noticed any Divergence between these AS and old AS so far?  I am Also studying these New AS

1 Like

Sandeep Garg (Consolidation and IndAS Application)   (1056 Points)
Replied 08 March 2011

Notified INDAS will not replace existing AS. These INDAS are the Indian Version of IFRS and will be applicable on companies covered under IFRS applicability criterion as issued by MCA only. But as of now implementation has been deferred, so all companies will follow existing AS only.

priyanka (Credit Analyst) (23 Points)
Replied 09 March 2011

hi sandeep

could you a suggest a book on IFRS. M working as a credit analyst n need to prepare CMA of the companies. So with effect from 1st April,2011, need to prepare the statements accordingly. Will also be of great help if u could provide a format of the financial statements under d IFRS.

Best,

Priyanka

Replied 09 March 2011

Hi Priyanka,

You can go for IFRS book published by IASB that includes Bare standards, Application Guidance, illustrations and Basis of conclusions, Other one is Professional edition of IFRS by PWC. Fomats of IFRS financial differs sector to sector as there is no fixed format prescribed in IFRS. However, basics are same for all sector i.e. Current and Non current bifrucation of assets and liabilities. If you require some model IFRS financials i can mail the same.

Best Regards

Sandeep

Replied 09 March 2011

Hi Sandeep

Thanks for replying. it would be  great if u can mail me the IFRS financials models. Can u suggest some other professional books on IFRS too?

Best,

Priyanka

Replied 09 March 2011

Hi Priyanka,

Pls share your mail id so that i can mail the model financials. If possible send a test mail on my mail id casandeepgarg08 @ gmail.com.

Regards,

Sandeep

Replied 09 March 2011

Hi Sandeep,

My email id is priyanka_agarwal1985 @ yahoo.co.in.

Best,

Priyanka

Jaya (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) (30 Points)
Replied 02 June 2011

Hi Sandeep

Pls mail me IFRS Financial Models. My mail id is jayalaxmiuca @ gmail.com

thanks

Jaya

Aravind.. (CA) (1262 Points)
Replied 06 July 2011

can u send it to 5aravind @ in.com??

sohail (Sr Accountant at JWY) (126 Points)
Replied 29 May 2017

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register