Easy Office
LCI Learning

Icwa practical training cert.

Page no : 2

rohit (student) (72 Points)
Replied 13 May 2012

Thanx Harini.

But now when Im going to register myself for final course, should i register for practical training and resume my training or Can I just get exemption certficate and give final exams this year and after qualifying final exams resume my remaining period of training under other employer.  Would be glad if you could please elaborate the procedure. thanx a lot.

(Guest)
@ Rohit, even I am not sure abt time limit to apply for exemption..., they say 45 days.., but in many cases, they granted xemption even after months..., if you want full exemption, you have to finish 3 yrs working..(balance 1 year) but not sure... whether they accept it after a year.., even I heard from cwa friends, now they are in final, and they want to apply for exemption after clearing finals..., they are sure...it will be granted... but I donot know...whats the institute's inside procedure in such cases..:-(, if you apply now, you may get exemption for partial period.., and you need to undergo trng later..., better you send email to them..for clarification, but I suggest, go for final exams.... Iam sorry,, couldnt help you much:-(
2 Like

Replied 15 May 2012

Nevermind harini. i've a lot clear idea than before. Plz share any new info you come upon on this. thanx

Balaji (student) (100 Points)
Replied 15 May 2012

1.I have registered for ICWA Inter in November 2011.I worked has a Accounts Assistant for about 3.2 years and can i claim exemption.

2.How many Months it will take to get the Exemption letter from the Institute.

3.After receiving the documents for exemption, will the Institute Contact my employer through phone or Letter

(Guest)
@ balaji, as you worked at pvt ltd co.,you can claim for exemption, it may take more than a month.., and yes..they may verify your employment details with your employer..,
1 Like

Sathyanarayanan (CA Final & CWA Final) (30 Points)
Replied 28 May 2012

Should the application for exemption made to the Regional Office (SIRC) or New Delhi (as mentioned in the form)?

(Guest)

you need to send it to Delhi..   to Director (Training & Placement), ICWAI Bhawan, 3 Institutional Area,  Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110 003.

Ganeshan (Student CA Final ) (30 Points)
Replied 28 August 2014

Hi

Please send me Experience Certificate formant for CMA. on ganesh.ghadage @ hotmail.com

Thanks in Advance.

Replied 01 September 2014

Hi Ganeshan, Just approach your previous employer and ask them to furnish this letter specifying your name, position of work and duration of service in that office. Nothing complicated. Its just that they should give you this certificate on company letter head with signature of authorised person. They must be having a set format for these kind of certificates. So dont worry. All d best.

SkDash (CS (Member) CWA (Final))   (909 Points)
Replied 09 September 2014

Do anybody has Format of Experience Certificate for practical training exemption? Is it required to mention area of work as per Annexure B (i.e. Costing, Auditing, Law, Accounts etc...)

Yes its better to quote area of work as this ensures that you have done work in finance area only and not any other such as sales, marketing etc.

Dear Rohit

My question is Do we need to mention ALL AREAS as mentioned in ANNEX B or FEW AREAS also OK? Please have a look to followings-

Q - I am working in an organization for last 2 years. Whether I am eligible for EXEMPTION from practical training?

ANS- If your experience is in any of the organization listed in (A) below and in the area as given in (B) below (IS IT ALSO ANY AREA?? WHETHER THE WORD 'ANY' IS ONLY FOR ORGANISATION OR ALSO FOR AREAS OF WORK?) , you will get exemption from practical training equivalent to your work experience.
(A) Recognised Organisations
(1) Practicing Cost Accountant or
(2) a firm of Cost Accountants or
(3) in any of the following organizations.
i. Central/State Government / Semi-Government / Public
Utilities.
ii. Banks/Insurance/ other Financial Institution
iii. Public Sector Unit
iv. Universities, Management Institutes and any other
recognized educational institute
v. Co-operative societies engaged in Banking,
Manufacturing.
vi. Any other organization with a turnover of Rs. 50 Lakhs in
case service sector or Rs. 1 crore in case of other than
service sector.

vii. If the firm of Chartered Accountants/ Company
Secretaries has separate Management Consultancy
Division and if the applicant has exclusively worked in that
division, credence to such service is given on percentage
basis depending on the nature of job related with cost/
management accounting/ financial accounting/ taxation/
MIS or of similar nature, size of the firm, nature of duties
handled by the applicant, size of the client companies etc.
viii. Management Consultant in individual capacity depending
on the size of the firm, nature of duties handled by the
applicant related with cost/ management accounting/
financial accounting/ taxation/ MIS or of similar nature,
size of the client companies etc.
ix. Practicing Chartered Accountants/Company Secretaries
are exempted from the Practical Training Scheme and
they will have to seek exemption after duly following the
procedures on payment of exemption fee as prescribed.
x. Any other institution as approved by the Council
(B) Recognized areas for Training:
i. Management Accounting
ii. Cost Accounting
iii. Financial Accounting
iv. Financial Management
v. Auditing
vi. Regulatory compliances
vii. Direct Taxation
viii. Indirect taxation
ix. Corporate Laws, Industrial Laws, Commercial Laws
x. Systems Analysis, Information Technology (including
ERP system)

xi. Project Management
xii. Banking Operation

xiii. Insurance
xiv. Valuation
xv. Financial Services
xvi. Teaching in Finance, Accounts, Costing, Taxation and
Management.
xvii. Management Consultancy Services as defined in
appendix 6 under Regulation 111 of CWA Regulation,
xviii. Engineering Services involved in production of
power or any manufacturing activities, Project
Planning & Management, Quality Assessment, and
Supply Chain Management.
xix. Any other areas approved by the Council.

Hi, you just have to mention the area of work you were assigned. You qualify for exemption if your areas of work includes atleast one of the listed "area of work" as per Annex B. hope this clears your doubt fr eligibility.

Replied 10 September 2014

I am under the same impression, but i dont want my application to be rejected for this reason and once rejected I cant change my areas of work (will prove forgery). I am thinking rather to write to ICMAI for a clarification on this. I will post once I will get a reply from the institute.

Thanks Rohit for your time.

Replied 15 September 2014

Dear Rohit and All

Find attached mail reply received from the Institute. As guessed, one area is enough to get the exemption.

Attached File : 150283 1365342 gmail query practical training exemption.pdf downloaded: 163 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: