Easy Office

ICWA or CA...Opinion

Page no : 2

CMA. Rakesh Kataria (Practising Cost Accountant)   (531 Points)
Replied 05 June 2013

I think it is waste of time about which is better either CA or CMA, CA is preferred by the young students as they have time to go for 3 year articleship, and CMA is preferred by the working class as they do not have time for the articleship.

Training method of CA and CMA are different, CA institite prefers training under practicing CA's, and CMA institute prefers training of 3 years on JOB.  Now it is point of discussions which method is better either on job trianing of CMA or training under practicing CA.

A CA can do CMA as he can work in good company and show 3 year of experiance as training but CMA can not do CA as working class can not take break from service.

If you are CA you can pass CMA and if you are CMA you can pass CA exams. but CMA's are not getting opportunity to go for the CA exams as 3 years articleship is biggest hurdle. i think CA institute should think about the exemption of articleship for CMA or reduce the period to one year.

Aniruddha Deshpande (Service) (367 Points)
Replied 17 July 2013

I think both CMA and CA are equally tough and equally important professions. CMA  has expertise in costing and Indirect tax, and finance where as CA has expertise in Direct tax, Accountancy and Finance. One needs to evaluate what is his /her area of interest? If ypu have good knowledge of subject then I don't think that wheather you are CA or CMA. You will get respect in the industry if you have good knowledge.

Azhar Ebrahim (B.Com CA Final ACMA CMA-USA)   (158 Points)
Replied 18 July 2013

The new Syallbus of CMA is tougher than CA Final. Both courses are equally good and any comparison is meaningless. Ultimately, your professional career depends upon the quantum of hardwork you are willing to put in AFTER qualifying the examination. Talent always has and will continue to rule over mere diplomas.

Coming back to your question, since you are on a job already, it would be convenient for you to go for CMA as CA course requires mandatory articleship under a practicing Chartered Accountant which is not remunerative.

All the best mate !

1 Like

CMA-FINAL (Adv.) (243 Points)
Replied 14 November 2014

Pros and cons should be properly evaluated using real life examples and you need a final goal to achieve, just do not enter a path because it looks beautiful or lot of people pass go through it!!

So...first ask yourself what you want..degree is only a zariya...if you like accounts..I recommend CA and if you like corporate world, both are good with CA.XXX will initially be more useful...

Whereever I have gone I have seen that CMA and CA get equal respect and CA gets may 200% more respect in non-business areas.

CA is definitely more tougher but recent trend says that CMA is catching up...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: