Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

ICAI Announcement CA Final 12-06-2018 (Articleship MCQ Exam/Test)

The ICAI (Institute of Chartered Accountants of India) has announced the dates for the CA Final Examination on its official website at icai.org. Aspirants who are preparing for the CA Final for group I and group II examination can apply on icaiexam.icai.org. Students willing to fill CA Final November Application Form 2018 should check the application process. Get complete details at Aglasem.

27 Replies

govinnd singh

govinnd singh (Student CA IPC / IPCC)     13 June 2018

Is this applicable to all articles. Who is currently under the 3rd year already
1 Like
Bhanu

Bhanu (Intern)     13 June 2018

I have completed my Articleship training of 1st year on Nov 2017 my next quarter for exam will be jan-mar 2018 for which the notification is not yet released.. So, i think i need not write my 1st assessment, however 2nd assessment will be applicable to me
2 Like
Siddharth Goel

Siddharth Goel (Chartered Accountant)     13 June 2018

Hi,

The notification is applicable for the students who are currently serving their first or second year of articleship and the students who are in their third year of articleship are not required to give the MCQ exams.

So, the students who have completed their articleship or are in their third year of articleship are not required to undergo the MCQ tests.

The notification does not apply retrospectively!

It will be applicable for all the first year and second year students who would be completing their 1st/ 2nd year of practical training during the second quarter of 2018, i.e. April-June, 2018 would be eligible to appear in these assessments during the dates sspecified by ICAI from August-December, 2018 and so on. The first date has been specified as 26 August 2018.

6 Like
Kartikey Jain

Kartikey Jain (Intern)     13 June 2018

The announcement clearly states that only those students who have completed their 1st / 2nd year of articleship in the second quarter of 2018 (i.e. April - June) will be eligible to take the MCQ test being held for the first time in August 2018.

So it seems very much clear from the notification itself that students who have already completed their articleship or who are currently in their third year do not need to give these MCQ tests while those students who have completed their 1st/2nd year in the Jan-Mar 2018 quarter are not required to give the August 2018 exam. 

3 Like
Sonali

Sonali (Student)     13 June 2018

hi,

i am in thrid year of articleship right now however my second year of articleship was completed on 01.04.2018, so is this applicable to me??

it is necessary to do before my exams (nov 18) or can guve after that?

4 Like
Kartikey Jain

Hi Sonali,

As your 2nd year ended in April 2018, you would be required to give this MCQ exam as per the wordings of the notification.

I feel, Institute should come up with a clarification soon for those students whose 2nd year has ended between 1 April to 30 April and thus have Final exams in November attempt.

3 Like
Nikhil Thakre

Nikhil Thakre (practice in ca)     13 June 2018

my 3rd year is completed on 1st april 18 so is there any other provision for us
Siddharth Goel

Siddharth Goel (Chartered Accountant)     13 June 2018

Hi,

The notification is not applicable for 3rd year students. It is applicable only for students who have completed thier 1st or 2nd year of articleship.

Therefore, it is not applicable for students whose 3rd year is completed on 1st april 18.

FATEMA KHATRI

FATEMA KHATRI   13 June 2018

My 2nd year is going to be completed on 19 Nov 2018. Whether it is required to give test as 1st year is completed on or before 1july..?
Kartikey Jain

Hi Fatema,

Since your 2nd year is going to end in the 4th quarter of 2018, your test will most probably be held in the first quarter (Jan-March) of 2019 

sagar kapadiya

sagar kapadiya   13 June 2018

I had completed my 1 year of articleship in the month of NOV-17 

so I am in 1y 6th month so 

wether i have to give level 1 MCQ exam or not ?

Prajjwal

Prajjwal (*)     14 June 2018

No, but you will be required to attempt for Level 2 whenever you complete your level 2 exams.

ishwarya jain

ishwarya jain (accountant)     14 June 2018

is practical training test mandatory for old ca students.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags