Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Roshan A (Chartered Accountant) (458 Points)

06 August 2014  

Guys for claiming HRA exemption can i enter into rent agreement with my father and show landlord-tenant relationship on records?

 5 Replies

Aslam Meman (Article Assistant) (21 Points)
Replied 06 August 2014

It's related party transaction so according to my opinion exemption of HRA is not allowed....

Tribhuvan Aditya Singh (Student as well as Self-employed)   (3705 Points)
Replied 06 August 2014

yes, you can enter into an agreement and pay rent to your father (he should be owner of the property) and then claim HRA. 

Madan (Accounts Officer) (154 Points)
Replied 06 August 2014

I guess this comes as self occupied

Stranger (.) (5526 Points)
Replied 07 August 2014

Besides rent agreement, it will be beneficial for you, in case of notice by A.O (chances of which are less than 5%), if u can have the rent receipts, rent payments through net banking or cheque to substatiate ur payments & file ITR of ur father by showing the rental income in his return, else ur choice..

hitesh (chartered accountant) (102 Points)
Replied 07 August 2014

you can claim HRA for rent paid to your father, he must be the land lord of the place you are residing

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags